Ways to generate "real" velocity arc for Cello?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
lasvideo
KVRist
80 posts since 26 Feb, 2016

Post Sun May 10, 2020 8:53 am

Im having fun exploring RC Melody Phrase Generator using Philharmonic Cello and Piano.

Ive played extensively around with track expression and various track velocity variations and they are too random and vary in intensity too much.

Is it possible to somehow use a midi expression pedal to create believable arcs of velocity in RC?

Or is there a better way? Im really looking to "humanize" the velocity, not the actual notes or rhythms.

Thanks!

lasvideo
KVRist

Re: Ways to generate "real" velocity arc for Cello?

Post Sun May 10, 2020 11:12 am

Well, if it cant be convincingly done in RC, I can always do it in Studio One :)

BluGenes
KVRian
727 posts since 15 May, 2017

Post Sun May 10, 2020 1:30 pm

I try to emphasize that RC should be used as a starting place, not the final version of your composition. So, details like that are best done in a DAW. You can get approximate with RC, ya know... A DAW is better suited for things like that anyways.

Also, a couple of years ago, I created the key switch articulations for Philharmonic, which are included with the RC install. Check those out.. If you are not sure how to set that up, there is a video on it, of course.. ;) But, basically, just select the control file in the track header, then you set the articulation in the phrase dialog of the selected phrase (or phrase editor)..

lasvideo
KVRist

Post Sun May 10, 2020 2:37 pm

Thanks BG!
I do all my finishing work for Band in a Box compositions in Studio One, so I can do the same for RC as well.
I will check out your key switch video since I am not familiar with that process.
:tu:

Return to “MusicDevelopments”