MASCHINE ?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi !
Anybody using rapidcomposer in Maschine please ?
Got RC as an instrument on sound 1 in my group A
Just don't send any midi to my plugin on sound 2...

And if I want to drag and drop the midi from RC to my pattern, not possible neither (
Have to drag it first on the desktop, then from the desktop to Maschine...

Any idea please ?

Thx !

Yes, I also tried to use with Maschine, and I didn’t succeed (

Good to know it's not only me...)
Too bad cos that would be a killer combo for sure...

It’s possible that I didn’t put enough effort and time (which I simply don’t have)), but I still don’t understand how it’s possible to configure this in the Maschine ( ))

Supposed to be simple. Just doesn't work here.(

Should it just be RC in the first slot, and then right after it, an instrument / sound? Works for me, that way

You may want to try the fully rewritten plugins (VST and VST3 on Windows) which do not use bridging anymore and should be more reliable. They are still beta versions.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi !
Anybody using rapidcomposer in Maschine please ?
Got RC as an instrument on sound 1 in my group A
Just don't send any midi to my plugin on sound 2...

And if I want to drag and drop the midi from RC to my pattern, not possible neither (
Have to drag it first on the desktop, then from the desktop to Maschine...

Any idea please ?

There is a workaround if you use another daw with Maschine as a vst .
you can rewire say Maschine into Ableton and then open RC inside Ableton and use it.
This way you could put machine as a vst on every Channel in Ableton that you needed and use Ableton as a bridging device. Once you've set it up once you could save the whole thing as a default template

It sounds complicated but it's fairly easy, there's quite a few videos on YouTube with different daw.
I think there may also be some free daw that you can rewire it with.
it's not ideal but it is a workaround if you wanted to make it work with machine.

https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... ive-VIDEO-

Alternatively you could use a virtual cable to sync both machine and RC

I haven't tried this with machine but I have tried it with Ableton.

You can find the information about this in a video that was recommended to me by Attila
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro1HinPuhI0

Hopefully that helps.

Well hopefully you figured it out by now. I'm thinking of finally checking RC out, so I should be able to confirm this. A couple of points to keep in mind. You can only route the midi from within a group. You need to load the plugin on every track that you need in the group, then route the midi out of the other tracks back to the first.

Edit: Yeah right, lol.

Pretty experienced with Maschine, here. I don't think Maschine supports MIDI plugins... such as Scaler 2, etc. Others have mentioned the same.

In Maschine "theory" you should be able to route the other channels. You also have to make sure the "Group MIDI Batch Setup" is set to Sounds to MIDI Channels.
Then technically you should be able to put the midifx plugin on channel 16, and your instruments on the other channels. I'm about to write something here, but it probably should be in tips.

Things to ALWAYS keep in mind.
  • Not all DAWs route midifx plugins internally. One reason I use S1.
  • So don't even begin to think that Maschine does.
  • And that is why it doesn't work.
  • Maschine does route the midi internally.
  • Midi has 16 channels.
  • With all that in mind we can make it work.
With Maschine you have to have the right channel selected AND the pattern mode has to be in keyboard view, otherwise you're switching channels when pressing keys. I've just now tested all this, so feel free to ask questions if lost.

Now with all our newfound knowledge we know why RC doesn't work out the box. A little surprise I found out is that RC will record the Maschine output.

The other thing to note is that you can still use RC to play an instrument sound internally. Depending on what you're trying to do, then you can just drag the midi into a Maschine track.
Make sure that you have an empty pattern and proper channel selected when trying to drop it.

All your instruments have to be in one group on separate midi channels. You cannot route the midi from one group to another group. You can only route the channels within a group.
I love using RC with Maschine, and it is currently my default setup.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”