progressions default length

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
tsferro
KVRer
7 posts since 17 Mar, 2015

Post Wed May 20, 2020 6:19 am

new user here, so I apologize in advance for the simple nature of my inquiry....
(also, I couldn't find a way to search the forum?)

my question:
is there a way to change the default progressions length? my compositions are slower-paced, and I would prefer i.e. 4 bar progressions to fill out 8 bars when I drop them into my composition, as opposed to the default 4 bars....I've watched about 75% of the instructional videos and haven't seen anything on this

tsferro
KVRer

Re: progressions default length

Post Wed May 20, 2020 6:23 am

hah - found the search function -- but nonetheless couldn't find an answer to my question

BluGenes
KVRian
727 posts since 15 May, 2017

Post Wed May 20, 2020 4:37 pm

Hi and Welcome!

That is set in Settings -> Misc Tab.. and "New Composition".. When making changes in the settings, sometimes it is necessary to close and re-start RC..

tsferro
KVRer

Post Thu May 21, 2020 3:46 am

thanks for the reply - I was able to increase the beats per bar to 8 using these settings which is quite handy, however, when I drop a new progression into the composition editor from the floating progressions window, the 4-chord progression only fills in the first two bars (the progression is still changing after 4 beats/even after restart) - I was hoping there's a way to have these saved progressions automatically "spread out" over the 4 bars, ie so that each chord in the progression changes after 8 beats instead of 4 beats)

BluGenes
KVRian

Post Thu May 21, 2020 4:07 am

ok, that's a bit different.. at the top of the "Phrase Browser" (that floating progressions window) is a setting for the length.. also, just below the transport are some resizing settings..

tsferro
KVRer

Post Thu May 21, 2020 5:35 am

ahhh - so I finally figured this out - in the master track row, you have to drop the progression over the master track box (the one containing the 5 shortcuts, ie keys, magnet, etc) for the progression to spread out properly and not over the columns to the right of this in the master track row - not sure if this is the expected behavior but glad it is working!

BluGenes
KVRian

Post Thu May 21, 2020 7:48 am

ok, yea, my mistake, based on how I interpreted what you were asking, I completely missed that one.. lol.. for some reason, I thought you were asking about phrases..

yea, for progressions, just drag over the timeline.. it will snap to were your mouse is located.. snap settings apply here too..

Return to “MusicDevelopments”