RapidComposer v4 feedback and discussion

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

4286 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:24 am

sj1 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:53 am
BTW, can the same scale be in the database with more than one name?
Yes, of course. E.g. Major, Ionian, Ethiopian Araray, and Mela Dhirasankarabharana all have the same notes.
I know I should add a scale look up tool.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya and Syne

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

4286 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:26 am

BluGenes wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:00 am
So, stay safe @ 127.0.0.1 and always wear a 255.255.255.0 when you go out!
:hihi: I have not heard this yet, really!
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya and Syne

User avatar
sj1
KVRist
486 posts since 13 Mar, 2017

Post Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:38 am

Hi,

I'm observing the Auto-Harmonize operation seemingly failing to respect its Chord Change: On Bars setting.

This pic shows a 5th chord 'A' created on the last beat of a 4-bar selected area.

RC - Auto-Harmonize Makes Extra Chord.jpg

I don't think that is supposed to happen (and it was certainly not intended) with the settings shown.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
sj1
KVRist
486 posts since 13 Mar, 2017

Post Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:47 am

musicdevelopments wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:24 am
sj1 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:53 am
BTW, can the same scale be in the database with more than one name?
Yes, of course. E.g. Major, Ionian, Ethiopian Araray, and Mela Dhirasankarabharana all have the same notes.
I know I should add a scale look up tool.
OK, thanks!

How to do it?

I was thinking that 'New Scale' as shown here:

RC - How to resave Scale.jpg

would save the scale in the box under a new name (if I changed the name).

It does, however, when saving it deleted the prior scale, which was not intended.

Given the picture, should I be able to save the Super Locrian as "Altered Dom" without destroying the "Super Locrian"? If so how?

Or is there another approach required (such as duplicating and renaming a file in Explorer)?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

4286 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:09 am

Indeed that should not happen. Would you send me the composition file in e-mail so that I can easily reproduce this? I have not touched harmonization, so this bug may exist since the beginning.

Thanks,
Attila
sj1 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:38 am
Hi,

I'm observing the Auto-Harmonize operation seemingly failing to respect its Chord Change: On Bars setting.

This pic shows a 5th chord 'A' created on the last beat of a 4-bar selected area.

I don't think that is supposed to happen (and it was certainly not intended) with the settings shown.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya and Syne

User avatar
sj1
KVRist
486 posts since 13 Mar, 2017

Post Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:20 am

musicdevelopments wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:09 am
Would you send me the composition file in e-mail so that I can easily reproduce this? I have not touched harmonization, so this bug may exist since the beginning.
Sent!

KVRist
61 posts since 12 Aug, 2015

Post Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:22 pm

Does anybody here use the fingerpicking generator ? trying to figure out if it's possible to make guitar riffs like this with it.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjHMDlAPMUw

KVRian
1168 posts since 15 May, 2017

Post Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:50 am

Are you going to fix bugs before the hardware acceleration stuff is finished?

KVRian
1193 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Post Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:45 pm

Hi Attila ! Pirate sites already have RC 4.1. You should already think about protecting your RC ! )) PS I'm just for information)

KVRist
162 posts since 14 Sep, 2016

Post Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:55 am

Just updated to 4.1 and now I'm getting this when I run RC.

rc4.1.jpg

Where do I find the content libraries? Maybe they need to be re-installed?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KVRist
162 posts since 14 Sep, 2016

Post Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:27 am

It looked like it had been partly un-installed (icons were missing the normal RC bitmap).
So I un-installed it (at this point it said that it might not be properly installed) and re-installed it.
Now runs OK and I just need to add back all the content.

User avatar
sj1
KVRist
486 posts since 13 Mar, 2017

Post Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:46 am

Hi,

Is there an operation to split a phrase (or many phrases) at chord boundaries?

I find that after importing a .MID file, my phrases are all 1 bar in length, which is great when the chords are 1 bar in length, but when there are, say, 2 chords per bar then I would (most often) wish for the phrases to match.

The only phrase splitting op I've found so far is to put the play head at the desired split point, then select the phrase and then I can split that one phrase at that point via the Phrase Inspector. This is not a rapid way to deal with entire songs.

Apologies if I'm missing how to do it ...

KVRist
61 posts since 12 Aug, 2015

Post Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:23 am

sj1 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:46 am
Hi,

Is there an operation to split a phrase (or many phrases) at chord boundaries?

I find that after importing a .MID file, my phrases are all 1 bar in length, which is great when the chords are 1 bar in length, but when there are, say, 2 chords per bar then I would (most often) wish for the phrases to match.

The only phrase splitting op I've found so far is to put the play head at the desired split point, then select the phrase and then I can split that one phrase at that point via the Phrase Inspector. This is not a rapid way to deal with entire songs.

Apologies if I'm missing how to do it ...
My workaround is make a long chord progression before hand where the chords are closer together say every half bar and save it to your chord progressions ,then when you want to spilt the chords ,just dropped your saved progression on the master track, then split phrase at chord boundaries.

User avatar
sj1
KVRist
486 posts since 13 Mar, 2017

Post Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:47 am

Thanks lovemusic15, but there is something I don't get. You say "... then split phrase at chord boundaries." - but that is exactly the operation the absence of which I am commenting on.

If there is a 'split phrase at chord boundaries' operation, please tell me where to find it!

KVRian
1193 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Post Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:53 am

Right click on the timeline )

Return to “MusicDevelopments”