RapidComposer v4 beta feedback and discussion (locked)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

crashed on creating tone row progression..

I'll check, but you should use a special progression rule file that allows transition from any note to any other note. I think I'll upload one soon. In theory it can work with major or minor rules, as long as there are rules which leads from any note to any other note. The current major/minor rules may not be suitable.

A tone row progression works by first setting up a list of notes that do not repeat. It is typically used in chromatic progressions. E.g. for a C major scale, the list could be G, E, A, C, B, F, D all notes exactly once. (You can set the number of notes.) Then chords are looked up for each base note.

Of course it must not crash, which I'll fix shortly. This is heavily experimental...

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

In Studio One V5.2, the VST3 version isn't working properly.

Here the VST3 version is loaded:

I expect to see a midi channel selector next to RC in the 2 instruments in tracks 3 and 4, but it isn't there.

With the VST2 it is behaving properly:

Cheers,
Xpoes

W10, Reaper, Intel Core i7 9700F (8x Core) @4.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, 32 GB RAM, FluidAudio SRI-2, Nektar Impact LX61+

Is there a reason why you can't apply rhythm in melody editor but you can in the melody generator ? much better functionalities inside the melody editor but that's very counterproductive when you have a good rhythm that you like but as soon as you enter into the melody editor you lose your rhythm could you fix this so you can apply your own rhythm or preserve the rhythm that you had before entering melody editor.

+1
Good point!
And I'm still waiting for "Convert Phrase to Percussion Generator!" ))

lulukom wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:52 am +1
Good point!
And I'm still waiting for "Convert Phrase to Percussion Generator!" ))
Are you suggesting you want to convert drum midi files into the Percussion Generator ?

YES

That's interesting what type of music do you make with RC, rock pop or more cinematic ?

Hi ! Funk-jazz-fusion-soul.

lulukom wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:09 am Hi ! Funk-jazz-fusion-soul.
Nice
in that case you would definitely like the idea that I've suggested about variation generator as it would give you the ability to mix different drum patterns as well as basses and melodies to give you alternative options ,so for example if you had a high hat pattern and you wanted different variations of it you could keep all the other elements the same and just changed the hi-hats.

Thanks, midi sync now working with Ableton.

Your idea is great and I would love to use it too! On the other hand, I would like to convert my drum midi file to a percussion generator in order to modify it and send it back to DAW.

hey guys.. someone verify this for me please..

drag a generator to the composition.
duplicate the generator (ctrl - drag)
convert the duplicate to absolute
double click to check in phrase editor - take note of the phrase length
in composition, drag duplicate phrase one bar longer. (size set to regenerate)
double click, phrase still at same length before drag
render phrase and double click, still same, original length.

I am thinking this is a bug. In the phrase editor, phrase should be new length, but, isn't.

Hi. I tried the above with a Fingerpicking Generator, but I'm not sure that 'Convert to Absolute Notes' in the Phrase dialog worked. After I double clicked to open in the Phrase Editor the Note Mapping there still reports as Chord Note Relative. Does that mean the 'Convert to Absolute Notes' did not take place? Or is there something else I should be observing to confirm?

sj1 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:57 pm Hi. I tried the above with a Fingerpicking Generator, but I'm not sure that 'Convert to Absolute Notes' in the Phrase dialog worked. After I double clicked to open in the Phrase Editor the Note Mapping there still reports as Chord Note Relative. Does that mean the 'Convert to Absolute Notes' did not take place? Or is there something else I should be observing to confirm?
hmm, I didn't check that.. might be the cause of what I was seeing.. Once a phrase is rendered, it should have all new properties, like length. I am not seeing that.

EDIT: I checked note kind, mine were absolute, not chord relative.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”