RapidComposer v4 beta feedback and discussion (locked)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Great tip i've been using this method for quite some time the only problem is I find you don't get much variation when regenerating i also fine trying to recreate a certain melody is difficult in RC, that's why my idea of having a variation generator would eliminate those problems as you could take a melody from any MIDI file and generate variations which would speed up anybody's workflow which would mean you could take any melody from any of your projects and get new variations in seconds which would give you the option to have it very similar to the original idea or not.

Variation generator ???

A good idea ! I would add .. And so that the process is as fast as possible, i.e. for example, I played a phrase and immediately press the button of the preset variation generator. The phrase changes and each time the variations are saved so that I can then select the variation I like (the original does not disappear). And the variations should suit my style of play (It's a distant dream, of course, but who knows?))

for this to work, the phrase history issue needs to be fixed. Example, if you select a phrase in the composition that can regenerate and then press "G", the regenerate shortcut, the phrase will regenerate, but, the history does not update. (The x/x version number in the upper corner of the phrase does not change.)

The reason this does not work, is, the new generation is not being applied. You can test this really easy. Place a phrase generator on your composition, with the phrase inspector open. If you regenerate from here (the inspector) and then apply, the history updates.

With the same phrase selected, (click it again to make sure it has focus, not the inspector), pressing "G" will regenerate the phrase, but not the history. If you click apply, in the inspector, right after pressing "G", it does update the history.

edit: it also does not work when auto-apply is clicked on in the phrase inspector..

There is already a standalone software that has this feature and it works great, with the variation generator you could have a autosave feature applied so every time you hit variation it could automatically save to your phrases that would solve problem of losing previous ideas you want to go back on .if you notice when converting to motive generator everything stays the same so then all you really need is a algorithm that locks the notes into place and just randomizers between those pitch and note lengths

RC 4.2b4 Percussion Generator - very nice!

I agree that per-track Solo buttons would be a desirable addition.

BTW, out at the Composition level I can easily start/pause playback using just the space bar.

If my context is the phrase preview (e.g. in the Percussion Generator ), can I arrange for that same ability? If not, it would be nice to have. Thanks!

RapidComposer v4.2b5 is available!

This update includes bug fixes after a long testing of the plug-ins in Cubase 11. Please report any remaining issues with Cubase.

Improvements:
  • Fixed: noise eliminated when loading the VST3 plug-in into Cubase 11
  • [macOS] Fixed: closing an inspector with active text editing crashed the program
  • Fixed rare deadlock when undo'ing during playback
  • [Plug-ins] Fixed: when looping was enabled in Cubase 11, the time pointer in RC was sometimes flashing during playback
  • [Plug-ins] Fixed: using host tempo and signature was not always set up properly after loading a composition
  • Fixed crashing bug introduced in previous beta when Melody Generator is used
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

RapidComposer v4.2b6 is available!

Improvements:
  • Right-clicking on a master track scale/tempo/signature will open a new menu where scale/tempo/signature can be reviewed and edited for all levels (composition, part, line, local)
  • [Windows] Fixed: dragging stopped working in the last beta

Right click is a great addition!

Thank you, lulukom!

RapidComposer v4.2b7 is available!

Improvements:
  • Fixed non-working chord name entry
  • Fixed: memory leaks
  • Fixed: pressing G (regenerate all selected phrases) did not update the phrase history
  • Improved: phrase history arrows use vector graphics which looks good also with bigger font sizes

This bug is still there, mentioned some time ago..
If you duplicate a phrase, then either render or convert to absolute, when dragged out, phrase size doesn't change (visually it does). I tried render after dragging to change length too. I was checking length by double clicking to the phrase editor.

viewtopic.php?p=8074412#p8074412

I don't think this is a bug. Resizing (which can be scaling/repeating/regenerating) is just like a variation: it is non-destructive. Rendering a phrase does not affect this (unlike other variations which are rendered with the phrase). It may be a good idea to add an option for rendering the resized length.

Please note 'regenerate' is to be used with phrase generators only. It behaves like 'repeat' for non-generators.

musicdevelopments wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:13 am I don't think this is a bug. Resizing (which can be scaling/repeating/regenerating) is just like a variation: it is non-destructive. Rendering a phrase does not affect this (unlike other variations which are rendered with the phrase). It may be a good idea to add an option for rendering the resized length.

Please note 'regenerate' is to be used with phrase generators only. It behaves like 'repeat' for non-generators.
Which all makes sense.. but, I would have thought that after a render, the phrase would become a new 'entity', if you will. So, everything would be applied to the render, size included.

Hi. I notice that sometimes the header line of a Melody Generator phrase, incl. the history arrows, is redrawn outside the visible area. requiring the user to scroll to get it back. If possible, it would be nice if that didn't happen.

(Note: an OK workaround for that seems to be to make the zoom area one "row" higher than the top of the regeneration range.)

Also, being able to define a keystroke shortcut for the left and right history arrows would be nice-to-have.

Nice to see you back in the Forum, Atilla! Has the Mac acceleration effort come to a conclusion?
Last edited by sj1 on Wed May 19, 2021 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”