RapidComposer v4 feedback and discussion

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
KVRist
130 posts since 12 Aug, 2015

Post Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:15 pm

Mykyndryd_ wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:11 am

Hi Mike

Something you might know. I'm trying to recreate this baseline using the generators but unfortunately I can't get the rhythm as some of the notes come before the bar . The modern generator gives me a closer feel when it comes to the Rhythm but it doesn't give you the length in notes the other generators are perfect for getting Long Notes but not the rhythm, ideally it would be great to have a probabilistic generator with modern rhythm imported but maybe that's not necessary if you know how to recreate it.

Thanks

https://youtu.be/B-ywQkSuxxo

KVRist
159 posts since 10 Feb, 2018 from Cumbria, UK

Post Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:44 pm

lovemusic15 wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:15 pm
Mykyndryd_ wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:11 am

https://youtu.be/B-ywQkSuxxo
Hi Dan. Can you eMail me the RC file pls and I'll see what can be done to achieve that.
Cheers.

KVRist

Post Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:47 pm

musicdevelopments wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:52 am
RapidComposer v4.3b3 is available!
Hi Atiila. This is a powerful feature. Trying it out now and getting some amazing results.
Excellent!!!

(got problems with PC at the moment (mouse got a mind of its own) but will post findings soon)

Cheers.
Mike.

KVRist

Post Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:00 pm

Just sent it to you on here, inbox

KVRAF

Topic Starter

4479 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:26 am

Hello lulukom!

the "only rhythm" button is used when a rhythm generator is available. It will make no difference if there is a static rhythm (Manual Editing).
Please note that at the moment, the "only rhythm" button is always displayed, even for Manual Editing and for rhythm generators without randomness. This will be improved later.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya and Syne

KVRAF

Topic Starter

4479 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:35 am

Hi lovemusic15,

I realized that you expected that the rhythm is also changed when dropping a MIDI file. The rhythm is set up when you convert a phrase to Markov Melody, but dropping a MIDI or a monophonic phrase (I got good results with bass phrases) does not replace the rhythm.
In order to make it work, in the next update you can hold down Ctrl when dropping the file, and the rhythm will be set up according to the file. I added some help:

Thanks,
Attila

Replace shape works well but you still lose the rhythm even if you only hit shape button.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya and Syne

KVRian
1285 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Post Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:50 am

Delete
Last edited by lulukom on Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

KVRian

Post Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:01 am

Deleted

KVRian

Post Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:52 am

Hello Attila! I understand now how it works and that it is in the process of being improved. I also expected a change in rhythm and I really like your future solution.
One note .. When the Markov Generator is working for me and I go to the Rhythm tab and then drag a phrase from the browser onto the rhythm arrow, then (perhaps by accident) I dragged a polyphonic phrase .. As a result, in the Markov Generator the melody turns into a polyphonic one ... So is it by design? Is Markov polyphonic? Also, polyphony is obtained if in the Rhythm tab, select manual Editing and, for example, move Rotation ... Funny effects)

KVRist

Post Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:10 am

musicdevelopments wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:35 am

Thanks Attila,

All l was hoping for was when i drop a MIDI file on it ,that it would used the rhythm from the MIDI file and then when you hit the rhythm button it would randomise the notes between each other to give you the variations of the same rhythm so each time you would get a similar rhythm

It pretty much would work like it does with the slice tool.

Really appreciate you doing this it's great to see the whole community getting excited about this feature.

KVRist

Post Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:51 am

I am getting a strange effect with pitch shift from the original midi (octave up or down)
I also tried a polyphonic phrase to see what happened, Some quie interesting effects. :)

KVRian

Post Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:38 am

Hi Attila!
I have a request ..
1. Make the stop button in the composition stopping playing generators.
2. Add to the Rhythm tab (phrase inspector) "Auto-Apply".
Thank you.

KVRian
1246 posts since 15 May, 2017

Post Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:18 am

musicdevelopments wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:16 am
This is very strange. Maybe Windows cannot cope with the long filename, and it remains in the trash?

Open PowerShell. Run the following command and press Enter to empty Recycle Bin for all drives on your local computer:

Code: Select all

Clear-RecycleBin -force -ErrorAction:Ignore
I hope it helps.
BluGenes wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:33 pm
Hey Atilla.. can you explain what is going on here? This is constantly showing up as trash and being deleted when I run maintenance stuff. I haven't used a progression like this recently either. Doesn't matter what I compose, this always shows up to be deleted..

Must have been a bugged version at one time.. I uninstalled RC from the App control panel, then re-installed a clean latest version and it seems that the issue went away.

KVRist

Post Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:09 pm

musicdevelopments wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:25 am
RapidComposer v4.3b2 is available!

Just wanted to know with the Learn' functionality in Markov Melody generator is there a reason why it only works with monophonic MIDI file and not chords or more then one line of notes ,could this be added ?

Thanks

KVRian
1246 posts since 15 May, 2017

Post Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:19 pm

Hey, on the chord progression problem I had.. Where does that operation take place? DB folder? (The actual file used and deletion).. Just good to know..

I ask because, if you look at that image again, you can see that the OS auto generated a folder that gets deleted, but, the name was too long to see the actual folder in the screen shot.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”