RC is laggy

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. I love the idea of RC, but now I've downloaded the demo and it is very sluggish/laggy on my 2016 Macbook Pro. I can't buy something that would be so unpleasant to use, but not much time left for the intro offer… I saw on Youtube that GUI works ok for others. Fixes?
Brzzzzzzt.

Hello ! I think this is not an RC problem. It works great on my MacBook Pro 2011!

Hi elnn,

yes, this may happen when macOS constantly converts the color space of the RC UI (e.g. for HiDPI screens). There is an easy fix until this is improved in RapidComposer: change the display profile to "Generic RGB Profile" from "Colour LCD" and the performance will be much better.

I'll rework the user interface rendering in December to use hardware acceleration.
Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:44 am Hi elnn,

yes, this may happen when macOS constantly converts the color space of the RC UI (e.g. for HiDPI screens). There is an easy fix until this is improved in RapidComposer: change the display profile to "Generic RGB Profile" from "Colour LCD" and the performance will be much better.

I'll rework the user interface rendering in December to use hardware acceleration.
Thanks,
Attila
Thanks a lot!
Brzzzzzzt.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”