setting breaks/amount of silence between the notes in melodya ?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry if I have overseen it in the melodya thread but as I cant found it nor there or in the manual I just have to ask:

- is there any way to set breaks/silence into the melody generation ? So far no matter what I do I always get 100 % notes but I want lets say 30 % silence/breaks in between the generated notes but could not find in the motive settings (in RC I remember sliders from both sides where you can set kind of min/max for evrything, something like that would be could for setting notes played/silence)
- Density would be kind of logic for this but it does not influence that as far as I can see

Think I miss something obvious :-)

Right click the lightning bolt button, then click the variations tab.. it is listed there.

EDIT: might be bugged, because If I set to generate 8 variations, it never generates a rest, even if set to 100%..

EDIT #2: Yea, if you set variety higher than 4, rests are never generated..

Thanks Bluegenes, that was definitely the spot I was looking for :tu:

And "rest" was the word that has not come to my mind......

Then there is even a blue double arrow that lets you set where the rest should be.

I think got the point now where I could start from, thanks again :)

Thanks for the reply, BluGenes!

Yes, rest can be set manually in the Rest/Hold toolbar. Alternatively you can use the 'Rest' variation that places rest at the end of a melody section (Generation Options / Variations / Use Rest: set to 100%). You can adjust the amount of rest manually after generation.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Ok, yea, the bar length will also affect this as well.. Meaning, if you have more than 4 varieties at 4 bars long, their isn't enough room for a rest, therefore it is placed at the end. If you make it more than 4 bars, it works as expected.. I was thinking it was a bug, but, it is working great!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”