RC sluggish in standalone mode - not in logic

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
KVRer
2 posts since 18 May, 2018

Post Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:57 am

When I use RC in standalone mode, there seems to be some kind of lag.
It looks my computer is struggling really hard to keep up with whatever I’m doing in RC - resizing a track, moving a phrase etc.
But when I use RC as a plugin in Logic, this is all gone - it works perfectly like it’s supposed to.
I prefer to work in standalone mode, and move everything to Logic later.
Any ideas?

I’m on a 5K retina iMac, 2020, 16G, 2TB SSD drive
RC version 4.1.2, built 22 march

thanks,
Stefan

KVRAF
4363 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:11 am

Hi Stefan,

this is a known issue that I am working on at the moment. The reason is that recent macOS versions do constant color space conversion when displaying the RC user interface, and this slows down the user interface. A user discovered that if you set the color profile to "Generic RGB Profile", the performance will improve.
The plug-in version uses a different way of displaying the UI.
I'll have a solution soon, in the next update.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com - Anniversary Sale -40% until April 20!
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya and Syne

KVRian
1208 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Post Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:52 am

Hi Attila ! Ah, here's the thing ... I also noticed that there are slowdowns and also (which is very important) poor synchronization when playing the standalone version on other VST . But it synchronizes well when I use the program Bome MIDI Translator Pro as a midi synchronizer. Although I think that the RC should play well without any synchronizers. Thanks .

KVRer

Topic Starter

2 posts since 18 May, 2018

Post Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:39 am

Hi Attila,
switched to RGB and works much better now

thanks!
stefan

Return to “MusicDevelopments”