Here are a few of the constraints I'm trying to apply:
- always four voices
- the bass plays only the root or the fifth
- S/A/T are always in open position
- S/A/T can double the root or the fifth, but never the third
- One of the S/A/T voices plays a third
- S/A/T always follow the most economic voice leading by respecting the rules 3/4/5
I could manually specify the exact voicing I want in the voicing track, or manually override the voicing of every single chord. However, both approaches have lots of cons and basically defeat the purpose of both the Chord Generator and the philosophy of RC itself.
Does anyone have any idea on how I could achieve this? Maybe this might even be an idea for a SATB Generator! Here's a small tool to achieve this. It'd be so good to have something like this in RC!