Starting problem

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
KVRer
22 posts since 8 Jan, 2018

Post Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:17 am

I had RC for a while but never used it. But now I need it. Studied the manual for a week now. I am still a bit overwhelmed with the options.

Stuck with this one. If I harmonize a new melody, the chords are created at C0. This is way to low. I can manually change this everytime, but isn't there a setting somewhere to do this.

KVRian
1192 posts since 15 May, 2017

Post Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:24 am

be sure you have the latest version.. on the settings tab, misc., you can set middle C.. (base octave) but, I am thinking that isn't the problem.. but maybe..

KVRAF
4376 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:07 am

Please share more details. Which RC version do you use?
Do you harmonize 'absolute notes'? Please always do so. Chord relative notes depend on the master track chords, but the harmonized chords will depend on the relative notes, which depend on the master track chords...etc ad infinitum. This way the notes can approach C0 if you harmonize relative notes multiple times.

Harmonization should not create chords in a specific octave, like C0. Can you send a screenshot, or even better, a simple composition file so that I could reproduce this.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya and Syne

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:57 am

RC did it every time I added the melody generator after clearing the track. Same after deleting the tracks.
Same for New Composition.
But after restart RC, I cannot reproduce the problem anymore. So everything is fine now. Probably I did something wrong.

Thanks for the help.

KVRAF
4376 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:16 am

Please make sure you use the latest RapidComposer version.

It is perfectly safe to harmonize the Melody Generator because it contains scale notes only. It worked well also when using the "Chord notes only" or "Scale notes+chord notes..." option. But usually it is recommended to harmonize phrases with absolute notes.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya and Syne

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:25 am

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”