Midi Import problem

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
KVRer
22 posts since 8 Jan, 2018

Post Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:39 am

If I import midi on the Import midi tab, I can only import one file. The second attempt overrides the first one. Same for dragging and browsing to my files.

Problem is with stand alone and Reaper plugin.

Or am I doing something wrong?

KVRAF
4376 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:48 am

You can import one MIDI file at a time. Importing MIDI involves selecting tracks for chord analysis, detecting the scale and chords, choosing structure/phrase/instrument options.
Will you explain what you want to achieve, and what you expect?

You can drag MIDI files over the composition to insert them.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya and Syne

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:52 am

If I can only import one file at a time, then there is no problem. But in your manual (page 142) it shows multiple tracks. Or is this one midi file with multiple tracks?

With the Reaper plugin I can drag and drop from RC to Reaper. But I cannot drag and drop from Reaper to RC. Tried dropping with and without CTRL. Nothing shows up in RC. Same for saved files and direct dropping from Reaper.

KVRist
129 posts since 10 Feb, 2018 from Cumbria, UK

Post Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:11 am

Pjotter wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:52 am
With the Reaper plugin I can drag and drop from RC to Reaper. But I cannot drag and drop from Reaper to RC. Tried dropping with and without CTRL. Nothing shows up in RC. Same for saved files and direct dropping from Reaper.
In Reaper, drag the track using Ctrl+Alt (Windows) into the RC plugin.
You might get a message saying "MIDI file could not be opened" but it still places the clip into RC.

Cheers.
Mike.

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:33 am

That was an easy fix. The problem is, the RC PDF manual says CTRL + drag. Page 61. That doesn't work.
Thanks.

KVRist
90 posts since 12 Aug, 2015

Post Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:34 am

Does anybody know is there a way to extract the velocity from your midi in RC ?

I've noticed when converting midi files to generators you lose the actual velocity I'm wondering is there a way to apply velocity from another MIDI file

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:49 am

Do you want to convert your midi file to a generator? If I convert a imported midi melody to a Melody Generator, the melody changes also.

KVRist
90 posts since 12 Aug, 2015

Post Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:27 pm

Yeah that's a frustrating thing with RC but my idea of a variation generator with fix that as it would take your imported midi and give you variations within the same parameters so you would always get a melody close to the one that you imported or keep it the same ,but I would recommend the motive generator if you want to change the melody slightly with out losing the original pattern, in regards to my original question I've noticed that you lose the velocity parameters when you convert to a generator .

KVRer
18 posts since 17 Jul, 2020

Post Sat May 01, 2021 3:49 pm

Pjotter wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:33 am
The problem is, the RC PDF manual says CTRL + drag. Page 61. That doesn't work.
You need to CTRL drag from the from track, i mean from the left where you have name of the track. i dont think u can ctrl drag a phrase from rc to daw (in rc its all phrases .cprhs or something like tat not .mid midi file or as its .als in ableton). if u need a specific portion of the phrase u need to highlight or select that area wr the phrase is located in time line like you do for looping, and now use ctrl drag from track.

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Sun May 02, 2021 1:03 am

That is not right.
I am talking about the RC plugin, not the standalone. Working with Reaper.
Dragging midi from Reaper to the RC plugin: CTRL + ALT + dragging. CTRL + dragging does not work. Nothing shows up. That was my problem. (The manual says CTRL + drag and that is wrong.)
Dragging Phrase from RC to DAW is possible: CTRL + drag the Phrase using the Track name (and other options, see manual 61-63).

Return to “MusicDevelopments”