Session Strings Pro

Official support for: e-instruments.com
e-instruments
KVRist
66 posts since 21 Jan, 2011 from Germany

Post Thu May 12, 2011 9:19 am

e-instruments and Native Instruments present Session Strings Pro - an inspiring, detailed instrument for contemporary studio strings and the sequel to the popular Session Strings.

20 times bigger than the original, Session Strings Pro provides a much wider sonic range, with separate instrument groups, a choice of instrument placements, 22 articulations and a fully-programmable Animator. Based on a highly expressive ensemble, the sound is impeccable - ideal for modern pop, RnB, filmscore or commercial use.

Most importantly, its fluid, uniquely musical workflow makes Session Strings Pro a truly playable instrument, and much more than just a string library. Creating natural, expressive string tracks has never been more immediate, or more rewarding.

Session Strings Pro will be available at your local dealer and the NI Online Shop from June 1st 2011.

Check out the preview demos at: e-instruments

Your e-instruments team

e-instruments
KVRist

Post Thu May 26, 2011 9:18 am

We are happy to announce that Session Strings Pro is now available at your local dealer and the Native Instruments Online Shop.

Session Strings Pro is the definitive sound of contemporary strings — a detailed, truly playable instrument with a unique musical workflow. An 11-piece ensemble, recorded in four different settings for impeccable, natural, flexible sound — the premium choice for pop, RnB, commercial or scoring use. Session Strings Pro provides separate instrument groups, a choice of instrument placements, 29 articulations and precise control, right down to the amount of bow noise. And for instant rhythm, the fully programmable Animator transforms your chords into lively musical phrases.

Check out the details at:
e-instruments
and
Native Instruments

We would be delighted to hear your feedback and ideas!

Your e-instruments team

damask
KVRer
1 posts since 14 Mar, 2010

Post Tue May 31, 2011 10:53 am

Hi, I'm keen to upgrade to Pro but I need to know if the animator sync bug has been fixed?
Cheers

e-instruments
KVRist

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:05 am

The Animator timing and response time is significantly improved on both the Session Strings 1.1 update and on Session Strings Pro. Due to new Kontakt functionality, version 4.2 of either Kontakt or Kontakt Player is required.

Richard Hammarton
KVRer
1 posts since 5 Jun, 2011

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:28 am

Just got this and having a few issues with the legato articulation. Basically there are weird artifacts between notes when using legato mode. It sounds as if the previous note is being slightly sustained and almost pitch shifted a little as the second note plays. Doesn't sound great at all. Is it something I'm doing?

e-instruments
KVRist

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:09 pm

Sounds like the samples are not loaded properly. Please contact either us (you can find the contact information on our web page) or NI customer support and provide us with your system details and which preset you have a problem with, so we can figure out how to help you.

5Lives
KVRian
549 posts since 10 Nov, 2005 from New York City

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:15 am

Hi,

A few questions if you don't mind:

- Is NI the only place I can purchase the upgrade? I ask because for the full version, 3rd-party retailers are $100 cheaper than the NI shop, but they don't sell the upgrade.

- Does the animator allow you to program your own patterns now? If so, how many max steps? Also, can you program the note per step (like an arpeggiator) or just dynamics?

- I really like the VSL sample player for a couple of reasons - it is very easy to move through various patches using key switches / velocity / controller data and they have a learn / optimize feature that minimizes the RAM you need once you've programmed the part. Does Kontakt support similar functionality?

Thanks!

nimnimnim
KVRist
33 posts since 21 Oct, 2006 from Sweden

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:08 am

how do you get access to that all-encompassing instrument ranging bass-cello-viola-violin in one instrument as opposed to loading sepparate instruments? is that possible in a DAW like Ableton Live running the latest Kontakt VST?

also are there or are there any plans of any tutorials on using Session Strings Pro for programming rather than (or aswell as) keyboard playing?

I think I need some perspectives on what this thing is fully capable of.

e-instruments
KVRist

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:10 am

- You can purchase the upgrade only via the NI shop.
- Yes, you can program your own patterns
- Yes, key switches are supported and Kontakt provides a similar functionality.
To get more information first hand, you can download the manual here:

Session Strings Pro manual

topaz
KVRAF
4482 posts since 15 Jul, 2001 from Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, U.K

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:49 am

The timing bug in animator is still not working correct

In live 8.3.3 mac OSX 10.6.8 the first bar is always played incorrect.

Advised to change buffer settings but makes no diffence.

topaz
KVRAF
4482 posts since 15 Jul, 2001 from Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, U.K

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:09 am

There is a workaround, you have to trigger SS or SSP from a dummy track and add a track delay of 0.10

Or nudge the note fwd a tiny amount,

topaz wrote:The timing bug in animator is still not working correct

In live 8.3.3 mac OSX 10.6.8 the first bar is always played incorrect.

Advised to change buffer settings but makes no diffence.

ltaldor00
KVRer
2 posts since 8 May, 2017

Re: Session Strings Pro

Post Mon May 08, 2017 9:42 am

With the announcement of Reason 9.5 supporting VST. Will you continue to support the StringWerk rack extension. Will there be any future updates or products in the rack extension format?

ltaldor00
KVRer
2 posts since 8 May, 2017

Re: Session Strings Pro

Post Mon May 08, 2017 12:25 pm

I like the GUI on StringWerk better than the GUI in Session Strings Pro.

Return to “e-instruments”