Session Horns Pro - CC11 problems.

Official support for: e-instruments.com
Straight2Vinyl
KVRist
318 posts since 10 Mar, 2017

Post Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:43 am

Hi,

I'm trying to use the CC11 option to control dynamics. I have a Keystation 88, which only has a volume pedal output, so I connected my expression pedal to an MPD32 which has a proper midi expression pedal output.
Unfortunately, the MIDI CC11 option still displays the N/A symbol. I tried the workaround of adding a MIDI CC through the scripting options. I think it's called 6 controllers or something like that. It doesn't sound right however.

I've used the combination of my Keystation and the MPD to control The Trumpet by Physical Modeling and it works perfectly.

Can Session Horns Pro only use one MIDI controller at a time, or am I missing something?

e-instruments
KVRist
66 posts since 21 Jan, 2011 from Germany

Re: Session Horns Pro - CC11 problems.

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:56 am

Not really sure what you are trying exactly.
The label N/A indicates that the velocity curve selector is inactive, because you have selected cc#11 to control dynamic and not velocity. As long as you have selected cc#11 and send cc#11 from your keyboard to Kontakt, this will work.

Straight2Vinyl
KVRist
318 posts since 10 Mar, 2017

Re: Session Horns Pro - CC11 problems.

Post Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:40 am

Sorry, my mistake. I had to make a change to the settings in the MPD. CC11 works fine now.

Sounds more like a keyboard patch than a brass section, but I still found some use for it.

Return to “e-instruments”