Shreddage 3 Stratus: AVAILABLE NOW!

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looks great. This should be in "Announcements"

I've downloaded Shreddage 3 on release date and now I'm wondering where to find the added demo resources.

It looks like a bug in our system that isn't providing the new link to existing customers. Send support@impactsoundworks.com a request and we'll fix it; we're working with our web admin to fix this for everyone at once. Sorry about that :(
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

What's the lowest note stratus can do? Drop D? C? A? G?

Stratus was sampled entirely in standard tuning, so lowest note is E, as on a regular guitar. If you want to go lower, you can change the master tune of the instrument.

We are working on porting all of Shreddage 2 guitars to the new engine, so there will be some low A action there, stay tuned. :)

@EvilDragon: Will you guys have a Black Friday special discount?

I've no idea as I don't make these decisions. :P

You totally should :hihi:

Hello,
I'm considering getting Shreddage, but I'm not interested in the Stratus. Should I get version 2 or wait for the old S2 guitars to be ported to the new version? Thanks

Does Stratus provide support for pinch/pick harmonics as an articulation? If it does, I was not able to find it. I tried using the standard harmonic articulation, but it just does not sound convincing; it lacks that "squeal" sound that pinch/pick harmonics are known for.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

We did not record that articulation for Stratus. It might be added in a future update.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

In a jiffy, add some heavy vibrato on harmonics with pitch bend.

zircon wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:37 pmIt might be added in a future update.
I sure would appreciate that. Thanks!
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:45 pm In a jiffy, add some heavy vibrato on harmonics with pitch bend.
Thanks, Evil D'.

I gave your suggestion a try, but it sounds to me like the sound of the harmonic sample is not being modulated at all by the vibrato (mod wheel) or the pitch bend messages.

I will attach a zip file containing an MP3 audio clip and a MIDI file for a two bar phrase that is repeated one time: the first two bars played without the harmonic keyswitch; the second two bars played with the harmonic keyswitch. You can clearly hear the vibrato being played in the first two bars, and not at all when the harmonics are played in the second two bars.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pitch bend on harmonics definitely works over here with your MIDI file just fine.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”