Shreddage II "No library found" Message [SOLVED]

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A couple of weeks ago I sold Shreddage II and then when I decided I couldn't live without it I repurchased it.

I admit, I didn't uninstall it immediately (but I didn't use it), and today I decided to uninstall it and reinstall it using my new serial number.

Now, when I'm trying to reinstall it into Kontakt 5 Player, I'm getting a "No library found" message when trying to Add Library.

I'm browsing to the same folder as before. I even cleared that folder from the database after it didn't work. Still nothing. I can't seem to get it to install at all. :(

I also notice that it never did show up in Service Center, even when I installed and activated it the first time.

I restarted my computer. I restarted Kontakt 5 Player. I overwrote the files in my Shreddage II folder.

I don't get it.

Just to see if I could remove and reinstall other libraries, I removed my Pre-Bass library and re-added it and it worked just fine.

I'm browsing to the folder with the nicnt file. I also tried browsing to all folders under Shreddage II and still nothing.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Vintage73 on Sat May 25, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Phase Music

Update: I've deleted all instances of Shreddage II from my registry. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Kontakt 5 Player. I changed the directory that Shreddage II is installed in.

I don't know what to do. I can't work on my music until this is working again.

One thing I will say is that when Kontakt is loaded in Cubase and I go to add a library, if I choose a folder without a library in it it immediately says "No library found." If I choose the folder with the nicnt file in it, Kontakt disappears temporarily, then reappears, then flashes the message "No library found."

Is this a problem with Shreddage II or Kontakt?
Blue Phase Music

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience here. I am almost positive this is a Kontakt problem since ShreddageII is encoded by Native Instruments the same way all other KP libraries are. I will contact NI's oem support on your behalf and see if we can get to the root of the problem. What's your email address so I can CC you?
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

PM'd :)

Thanks!
Blue Phase Music

SOLVED!

I uninstalled Kontakt again, but this time I also uninstalled Service Center.

When I reinstalled Kontakt and tried to add the library, it worked!

Thanks for attempting to help, though! I really appreciate it!

One thing...Shreddage II still does not show up in Service Center. Is this normal?
Blue Phase Music

Hello,
I have a similar problem.
A few days ago I bought a new Shreddage 2X library.
I activated it with the serial number in Kontakt Player.
I can load the library in Kontakt Player and it functions okay, but after restarting Kontakt Player the library is gone.
I have the latest updates of Kontakt Player 5 (5.4.3) and Service Center (2.6.0).
The library is registered as shown on my account page on NI site.
But in my Service Center the library does not show up.
Also in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center appears no .xml file for Shreddage 2X

Also I did remove all registry entries of the missing instruments. Then restart Kontakt and add it again. Then activate it in Service Center instead of using the activate button in Kontakt. This also didn't help. Still not in Service Center.

Other libraries function okay like Alicia's Keys, Scarbee Funk Guitarist, Session Horns, Session Guitarist Strummed Acoustic. But these are from NI itself.

Any help is appreciated, I can't use the library, cause my Cubase songs don't reload the sounds.

Regards, Anthonie

Windows 8.1 64 bits | 16 GB RAM | i5 3.3 GHz processor| SSD 256 GB (2x)| Cubase 8.0.10 Pro 64 bits |Steinberg MR816x | Steinberg Midex 8 | Motu Midi Express 128 | Fostex DCM100 midi controlled mixer | much hardware synths and vst plugins
Windows 8.1 64 bits | 16 GB RAM | i5 3.3 GHz processor| SSD 256 GB (2x)| Cubase 10.5.12 Pro |Steinberg MR816x | Steinberg Midex 8 | Motu Midi Express 128 | Fostex DCM100 midi controlled mixer | much hardware synths and vst plugins

Reviving this 2 year old thread, as i'm having exactly the same problem with Impact Soundworks Super Audio Cart that i just purchased this morning. I got quite far on with a track, containing multiple instances of Kontakt, then when i reopened the track just now i got a Kontakt error saying the library is not installed the system.
I'm able to add and activate the library fine in Kontakt and in NI Service Centre, but as soon as i close and reopen the project the Kontakt complains again that the library is not installed.
Did anybody find a work around for this?

...not to add any pressure, but the only reason i bought the instrument is for a job that needs to delivered by Monday! :-(

forgot to mention...

Mac OS 10.12.4
Logic 10.3.1
Kontakt 5.5.2.880

Follow up...

It was a bug in a recent update of NI Service Centre.

If any body else experiences this bug, contact Impact Soundworks support and they will send you an .xml file to add to Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center.

Fixed the problem instantly for me.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”