Kontakt 5 doesn't keep SHREDDAGE II Library anymore - pls. help !

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Forum, need urgently your help ... I spent half of the sunday to figure out whats going on, but I have no idea.
I haven't worked with Shreddage II (I own Shreddage II and IBZ and Shreddage Drums) some weeks .
Today I recognized the Shreddage II Library is missing in my Kontakt 5 Libraries.
So I added it again, but after each restart of Kontakt 5 Program or the plugin via Logic the Shreddage II keeps on beeing disappearing from Kontakt 5 Libraries view. So all my songs in Logic complain "Kontakt Library not found" when I open them.
So I can't say when this behaviour started, I assume somwhere in the last 6 weeks I would say.
Of course in the meantime there were some Mac Updates and NI updates, but no Shreddage update nor a Kontakt 5 update ... I have everything on latest levels (Kontakt 5 is on 5.5.2.880 from January 2016)
Also strange is ... I have this issue on 2 MACs doing this, so I assume somewhere a bug .... on my main production iMac 27,5" 5K with latest El Capitan (10.11.5) as well on my MacBook Pro 13" Retina with Mavericks (10.9.5) but Kontakt 5 also on 5.5.2.880
Shreddage Drums is ok, does not dissapear, work fine, is kept in Kontakt 5 Library view.

I found this action plan from Native Instruments:
http://www.native-instruments.com/en/su ... brary-tab/

But deleting the XML files does not fix it... Shreddage II Library keeps on disapperearing after each restart of Kontakt 5 or the Kontakt 5 plug-in out of Logic Pro X.

I found another tipp saying to start the Mac in Recovery mode and check the disk for errors and file access issues .. did also this.

I un-rar'ed the original RAR archives I downloaded initially when I purchased Shreddage and tried to use this content ... did also not work.

Then I found another tip here in the forum with a download link to a Shreddage II.XML file and tried to phase that file in, doesnt help either :-(

WHATS GOING ON HERE ?
PLS HELP ASAP ! THX !

This is unfortunately a common and unavoidable problem with Service Center. We don't know why it happens, but it does happen with a very wide range of libraries on a very wide range of systems. Other developers report the same issue, but there is nothing we can do to avoid it.

Thankfully, there is a very easy fix. We just need to send you the proper XML which you'll then put in the Service Center folder. Please email our support and we will take care of it (support at impactsoundworks dot com)
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

"Thankfully, there is a very easy fix. We just need to send you the proper XML which you'll then put in the Service Center folder. Please email our support and we will take care of it (support at impactsoundworks dot com)"

@ZIRCON, thx, I already sent also an EMAIL to Impact-Sound-Work-Support yesterday, so should be in your inbox. Still waiting for the action plan.
So I assume it was a caused by some NI Service Center updates in the last weeks, because I have that behaviour on 2 Macs (iMac with El Capitan and MacBook Pro with Mavericks). Before, everything worked fine for months. Anyhow ... if your support sends me the special handmade XML, how exactly do I bring it in the setup ? Because everytime you add the Shreddage II Library in Kontakt 5 it creates a new XML file with the name Shreddage II x.XML (where x goes 1, 2, 3, 4, etc) in the /library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Service Center/ folder. I was already trying that way with the XML provided in another post here in the forum. Pls. tell me exactly the steps to bring/phase in this "special" XML in the filesystem. THX !

We'll respond to this via email as well but we have received multiple reports of this now after a recent Service Center update. It looks like a problem NI caused with their update so we're reaching out to them now to see what's going on.

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

ok, waiting .. btw, from NI where I also opened a ticket a got already feedback ..

Hello xxxxx,
thank you for contacting NI.
Could you please extract the attached Zip file to the following folder:
Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center
Afterwards please readd the library.
http://www.native-instruments.com/en/su ... show/1188/
Please tell me the result.

The funny thing is that they send me a file in a ZIP named "Shreddage Bass 2.XML" although I talked about "Shreddage II", not "Shreddage Bass 2"

And yes I can confirm multiple Service Center updates in the last 2 weeks, especially together with the software updates for Maschine and Control Center.

UPDATE Today NI sent me a valid "Shreddage II.XML" file which I should try out, but didn't help either to keep Shreddage II in the Kontakt Library permanently.
So the next action plan from NI was to gather some data from my MAC via a script/app they sent me. I gathered the data and provided it back to NI support. I urgently need that fixed, because all my project in Logic were I used a track with Shreddage vom Kontakt I got an error during project opening "kontakt library not found" ... thats really unsatisfying fighting with such bugs in a running setup !!!!!

I have the same problem - who has a working solution, NI or Impact?

... unfortunately no solution yet ... I was hoping Impact Soundworks is pushing hard for a fix via their relationship to NI and in parallel I am also in contact with NI Support to increase pressure. But I am kind of dissatisfied from the NI Support .. day by day they keep me busy with new action plans and "try this and this" ... first they sent ma a "Shreddage Bass 2.XML" to try out ... (!?) then they sent me a "Shreddage 2.XML" although its "Shreddage II.XML" ... then they sent me an app to gather data from my iMac and want the created ZIP file back ... but the 5MB ZIP File cannot be sent back because NI email server complains the attachment files size was too big :-( Then I provided a download link for the file from my public dropbox area to that ZIP file but NI is not able to download it for some reason and asked me to upload the ZIP to SendSpace.Com, but there as a free user you are limited to 300MB and I told them the file is 5MB :-( ... so we are wasting day by day just with nonsens and not investigation the root cause of the problem we have here. I am getting kind of mad.
Last edited by tiger55 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Again, we've gotten a number of reports about this issue and we are powerless to do anything about it. NI Service Center is what handles registration - we have no control over that. And I'm really sorry, because if we DID have control we would fix it immediately. However I've emailed all our OEM partners at NI personally and they have said they're actively looking into it right now. As soon as I know or have anything I will let you all know as well.

I've opened a support ticket with NI mentioning that I am having the same issues outlined in this thread. I know this is out of Impact Soundworks' hands, but just in case it helps add weight to the push for NI to fix this, I'm just another one of many people who are experiencing this exact problem, on both 10.9 and 10.11.

This is probably a lot more stressful for the Impact Soundworks team than NI. So, in the midst of this, I just wanna make sure I let y'all know that I appreciate your work on continually improving the guitars and your direct communication with us. So, thanks to Zircon and the Impact Soundworks team for 6+ brutal years of Shreddage.

looks like there is anyhow a lot going on at NI ... https://ask.audio/articles/native-instr ... ta-program

The latest email we have from NI is from one of the Kontakt reps, who said (20 hours ago)
sorry for the issues. it is strictly xml stuff particularly the relevance settings.

We will check into this asap.

Update from my side .. its was fixed by NI via a remote support session this morning on both of my Macs.

I can summarize it .. but cannot exactly say what to do to fix it by themselves.

> it has todo with the "Maschine 2.4.6.xml" file and the "KompleteKontrol 1.6.1.xml" file under /Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Service Center/

> the "KompleteKontrol 1.6.1.xml" has to be deleted (if exists), I recommend to delete the "Shreddage II.xml" as well

> the "Maschine 2.4.6.xml" has to be edited. I cannot say exactly what needs to be done there, in one of the Shreddage sections within that file, as far I understood it in this area
<Product version="1 ">
<Name>Shreddage II</Name>
there must be a " " (blank, space) added behind the "1" >> "1 " (like diplayed above)

So no guaranty, I recommend to open a ticket at NI Support and ask for "Michael" for help from NI on that. This is anyhow an interim solution until it is fixed in general by NI via an update.

Tiger55 (and Andrew) - thanks for your persistence with this, and for sharing the outcome with the NI remote session. I was experiencing the same issue. After reading your last post, I deleted both the Shreddage II and Komplete Kontrol 1.6.1 XML files from the Service Center folder. After adding the Shreddage II library again, Kontakt now retains Shreddage II in the libraries tab (which is was not), and Komplete Kontrol seems to run fine. I have no idea what, if any side effects there are removing the Komplete Kontrol 1.6.1 file (made a back-up just in case) - if it needs it, hopefully it rebuilds it. So far, seems like everything is working once again.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”