How to do double tracking with multiple instances of Shreddage IBZ?

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi to all!

I would like to use double tracking with 2 instances of Shreddage IBZ but i can't figure how to do it. I've loaded kontakt 5 8 out, then i've added another mixer channel in Kontakt. Then i've assigned ST1 to plugin out 1/2 and ST2 to plugin out 3/4. I've saved this configuration as preset file. I've closed and reopened Kontakt, loaded 2 instances of Shreddage, set each instance to the same midi channel [A1]/separate outputs (st1 and st2), and I've set the first instance of Shreddage to "guitar 1" and the second instance to "guitar 2".

After doing this, I can't hear any sound. I can hear sound if I set both instances of Shreddage to OMNI, but without separate outputs on my host mixer (Fl studio)..

Is there anyone that can help me??

Thanks!

Well, first, they need to be on separate channels (midi mixer)
Then they need to play on the same pattern (channel A1 or whatever channel you're using but by default it's A1)
Final step, on the "Perform tab" you need to select 1 and then 2 on the second guitar so that they play in a "double-tracking" mode.

I think that's about it.
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

There's something i'm missing because I follow these steps but I still can't hear any sound coming from Shreddage. Shreddage plays only if I set guitar 1\2 to Omni.

Load up the Kontakt 8out or 16out VST, then load two instances of IBZ. Both should be on the SAME MIDI channel or OMNI (does not matter). The first instance should be outputs 1/2, the second instance on outputs 3/4.

Now in the Kontakt wrapper (gear icon in FL) go to the Processing tab, select Auto Map Outputs.

Now when you play in Kontakt, you should see audio go to two mixer tracks. You can amp these tracks separately.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Hi Zircon! Thanks for the help, problem solved. I didn't have checked automap output box option.

I still have problems with unison bend. The button to trigger it in Shreddage interface doesn't work, I draw automation in Fl studio using the "channel pitch" automation, but it seems not working well too.. I dont know
if it's a Shreddage bug or if I'm doing something wrong..in first case, is there any update to fix the problem?

I've read of Shreddage 4..can you tell us something more about it?

Return to “Impact Soundworks”