FIVE New & Improved Shreddage 3 Instruments: Archtop, Rogue, Jupiter, Abyss, Serpent! (Upgrade/crossgrades available)

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AVAILABLE NOW - FIVE NEW SHREDDAGE 3 INSTRUMENTS

Hello all! Five of our most popular and acclaimed virtual guitar & bass instruments are now available in our cutting-edge SHREDDAGE 3 ENGINE for Kontakt Player!

These upgraded releases feature full NKS compatibility, more realistic performances, better editing capabilities, Console modular FX rack and mixer, TACT 2.0 for totally custom articulation mapping, and beautiful new UIs.

Owners of the previous versions of these instruments will save BIG on these upgraded and expanded instruments. Read on for details!

Shared Key Features
  • Vastly improved realism for fretting, string selection and voicing
  • Multiple fretting modes for differing types of playing (lead, poly rhythm, etc.)
  • Built-in multitracking and custom pickup blending
  • "Poly Input" mode for even more realistic playback of block chords
  • Extensive control over all parameters of the virtual guitarist
  • New fully-customizable Strumming mode
  • Random resonance, anti-repetition, DI noise, rakes and release triggering
  • A plethora of engine options from stroke timing to legato playback
CONSOLE Features:
  • Independent mixing, purging, mute/solo and FX chains
  • Instantiate up to 8 FX per channel, plus master inserts and sends
  • Add FX in any order, including multiple of the same FX
  • Save and load FX chains for individual channels or the entire Console
  • 30 FX modules available in total, including...
  • Numerous pedals, amp models, and custom cabinet IRs
  • Multiple EQs, reverbs, distortion FX, spatial FX (rotator, phaser, flanger, etc)
  • FX chain presets are portable between instruments!

The Lineup

Shreddage 3 Jupiter
(upgraded from Shreddage 2: Absolute Electric Guitar)
Built on our most popular virtual instrument! This is a super thick-sounding 7-string with a full, dark tone and some of the chunkiest powerchords and chugs anywhere.

Shreddage 3 Rogue
(upgraded from Shreddage 2 IBZ)
Another 7-string guitar ideal for heavy rock and metal, with a legendary Japanese tone that is the most aggressive in our entire lineup.

Shreddage 3 Serpent
(upgraded from Shreddage 2 SRP)
Recorded by YouTube star guitarist Jules Conroy (FamilyJules7x), this 7-string is the most well-rounded tone of our current lineup, making it very flexible for lead and rhythm playing in multiple genres.

Shreddage 3 Archtop
(upgraded from Archtop: Hollowbody Electric Guitar)
A Sadowsky Jim Hall model recorded with two ultra-warm pickups through analog tube DI! S3 Archtop is better than ever for styles like jazz, fusion, pop, funk, R&B, and blues, and includes all-new samples such as new layers of palm mutes and rakes.

Shreddage 3 Abyss
(upgraded from Shreddage Bass 2)
Our finest bass guitar with six strings of 100% custom made, low-end goodness with a stunning 4.5 octave range and super fat/warm tone recorded through a tube DI.

Full NKS Compatibility and New Snapshots

Every one of these instruments, just like Shreddage 3 Stratus, is fully NKS compatible and sports a wide variety of guitar/bass tones right out of the box in the form of Snapshots. These are a great way to inspire your music and get right to playing (or recording) without using ANY external plugins.

Pricing, Upgrades, Crossgrades

All guitars listed above will retail for $149 for new customers, with free Kontakt Player compatibility. S3 Abyss is $99 for new customers.

If you own the previous versions of any of these instruments, your upgrade cost will be just $20 per instrument. Each of these is a brand new library & serial number with a completely new script, new snapshots, and in some cases even new + revised samples.

If you own any Shreddage 3 instrument and want to crossgrade to a different S3 instrument but don't own the previous version, you'll save $30 on every crossgrade.

View Upgrade / Crossgrade Coupons in Your Account!

---

** A note on the S3 license system **

When S3 Stratus was first released, we described a license system where you would buy a single S3 license for use with all products. Unfortunately, in December (not long after we released Stratus), Native Instruments informed us that going forward they require all releases to use individual serial numbers.

The new license system is now standard with all other Kontakt Player instruments: each S3 guitar or bass has its own license and serial number, and its own entry in Native Access. Of course, we are still offering the $30 discount on other S3 instruments that we initially promised with the S3 Stratus release.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

hey! great stuff!

I'm trying to buy the upgrade (to jupiter) but when I add the coupon to the shopping basket I get the "Coupon usage limit has been reached". Could you please advise?

Thanks

update: this have now been fixed and that message is gone :tu: :band: :wheee:
Last edited by vdk-john on Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This should now be fixed, sorry about that.

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

zircon wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:42 pm This should now be fixed, sorry about that.
that was quick! thanks a lot, just watched the overview video and can't wait to try it!!

Do Jupiter and Abyss also come with demo project files?

Has this bug been fixed for shreddage 3?

viewtopic.php?f=176&t=517525

DrMEM wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:07 pm Has this bug been fixed for shreddage 3?

viewtopic.php?f=176&t=517525
We didn't test for that. If it is still a problem however, the codebase is about 10x better and more maintainable, so figuring out a fix would be a lot easier now!
Do Jupiter and Abyss also come with demo project files?
At the moment no, but we're looking to create more project + tutorial content in the near future.

Glad to hear the codebase has been revamped. I'd rather not have to pay $20 just to check and see if the problem is fixed though :/. I'd check in the free Stratus 3 but it doesn't have the legato articulations.

Hell f**king yeah! :D
Thanks ISW, amazing f**king job!
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

Wow, it sounded soo nice, $20 to upgrade my SRP to Serpent! I bought it in the blink of an eye...
But well, I am disappointed as I am unable to get simple palm mutes sound as good as in SRP.

EDIT: well, it seems that by editing the "Mute Level" in the TACT page, I can somehow mimic the "Weighting" knob in "Palm Mute Tweaks" !! I spent more than one hour trying everything just to find the basic sound that you get with the default SRP settings.

That is cool to have tons of options, but I would have appreciated at least a "SRP Legacy" setting :)
This way you don't have to spend two hours to simply try to get a decent palm mute sound.
The original setting is totally unusable for me, I don't understand, it makes and ultra short mute sound....
Last edited by frozenjazz on Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

That being said: I totally love SRP and I don't regret a single second having bought it!! :tu:
I used it here and totally enjoyed making this track with SRP! https://motionarray.com/stock-music/mel ... tal-149246

frozenjazz wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:32 pm Wow, it sounded soo nice, $20 to upgrade my SRP to Serpent! I bought it in the blink of an eye...
But well, I am disappointed as I am unable to get simple palm mutes sound as good as in SRP.
Same deal for Rogue. The out of the box palm mutes are unusable. I tried tweaking the mute levels and settings in the TACT page but couldn't get anything remotely usable. Is there any chance we can just use the same articulation settings from IBZ?

Also, Rogue can't hit G0 while IBZ can. Kind of a disappointing regression, unless I'm doing something wrong.

I'm really glad I didn't upgrade Bass 2 at the same time.

These scripts are completely overhauled, you cannot use any old settings from old versions.

And yes, we decided not to overly stretch Rogue and keep it to how the guitar was tuned when sampled, because that is important when calculating which frets should be played, especially in strumming mode, etc. If you need that G0, you can always turn instrument Tune knob down 2 semitones, in a jiffy.

I bought Rogue for $20 upgrade and was super excited......it mostly sounds better but the big disappointment as stated above are the palm mutes. I don't know if it's the settings or what. Fast palm muting sections DEFINITELY do not sound anywhere near as good nor as clear as the previous version. Big, big disappointment there. Are half mutes completely gone? The manual mentions them, but I can't trigger them at all.

I have a song with fast (manual) fifth palm muting. The muting sounded very clear in S2 IBZ. It sounds very bad in S3 Rogue.

What does the Shred option even do? I don't notice any changes when adjusting it.

EDIT: Also....are there less palm mute layers in the updated guitars?

When notes are played within the "Shred" window, the the Offset is applied - this way you can chop out the pre-pick attack for fast passages (i.e. sweeps) - it makes a pretty big difference, depending on the type of music you're doing. Should be described in the manual.

We'll look at the palm mutes; we didn't notice anything unusual during testing, and the samples haven't been cropped, adjusted, etc., so let me get back to you on that...

zircon wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:16 pm When notes are played within the "Shred" window, the the Offset is applied - this way you can chop out the pre-pick attack for fast passages (i.e. sweeps) - it makes a pretty big difference, depending on the type of music you're doing. Should be described in the manual.

We'll look at the palm mutes; we didn't notice anything unusual during testing, and the samples haven't been cropped, adjusted, etc., so let me get back to you on that...
Does the Shred option apply to the palm mutes as well? Comparing what I'm getting from S3 Rogue to S2 IBZ (even while adjusting the Shred option), S3 took a few major steps back in palm muting. I'm not sure if it's a setting or what.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”