Can't wait for the new S3 libraries

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zircon wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:25 pm Wednesday is looking more likely. Sorry folks, I had some health issues in the last week that slowed me down. Currently editing the video walkthrough now!
OK cool. I'm looking forward to it and thank you for the quick response!

click on your page to see youtube video does not work with firefox. i go to impactsoundwork yt channel and look video on this page. it sound good, and the pick variation is a very good feature. Now its clear wy this guitar sound so in tune. its because you sample a multiscale guitar. multiscale guitars are not often used because sound not so fat with chords. but i think no problem, when use the midi mode every string have a own channel. so its simular to mpe and on 1 string can use a little pitch bend to create a little detune.

or maybe there can in script add in kontakt that allow the detune of the 5. string in cents ?. i think fatest sound for chord can get when 5. string can detune +6 cent. so chords that contain 5. and 4 string and 6. and 5. string can sound fatter
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

wow, congrats to all the ISW team for the new product, the pick variation feature adds a lot of realism to the leads, (maybe that little nuance many other vst guitars always lacked) as a guitarist I must say I find it hard to believe Hydra isn't a real guitar. This is a great time for vst based on metal production.I'm hooked, music technology really move forward these last years leaps and bounds!

Thank you for your very kind words!

Yeah I gotta say it seems like I got shut the hell up with some of my skepticism earlier in the year towards this product. From the video alone it is the best sounding virtual guitar I've heard. Those chunky low notes and the clarity they have are to die for. This will be a definite get. Well done ISW. I do see the passion.

there is a video with a test. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcQZMk3q_Gc on min 18 and later there is clicky sound. i really never hear this on real guitar.

Pick attack and release noise volume can be adjusted.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

have you see the video at 18 min 16 sec the long note sustain ?. it seem the click sound come only when modulation wheel is up for vibrato. I mean not the sound after 18 min 22 sec. this is tremolo. but to descripe better what i mean with clicky sound, the clicky sound on long sustain sound as tremolo. but it is not tremolo. btw: to get better speaker simulation that sound not muddy or dull or fizzled there need simualar a curve as this. this sound really more near as real marshall speakers in compare to the mostly used IR that cut all frequency above 6 khz complete
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That click sound at 18:16 is unpitched noise triggered when releasing a key if the note falls withing the release time window, modwheel has nothing to do with it. This is all completely adjustable with parameters on the interface (on Advanced page). You can completely remove this noise if you want to (but it's not gonna sound very realistic then, these noises DO HAPPEN on occasion even to pro guitar players).

You can use whatever speaker emulation you want, bypass internal effects and just do whatever you want, we don't force you to use the sounds that come with the library.

I mean not the attack clicks. In the sustain phase of the note happen 3-4 clicks. can hear form 8 min 16 sec upto 18 min 22 sec. and later(after the tremolo test). there is no loud delay that maybe can cause the clicks in the sound. the sustain sound a little as tremolo. when play tremolo there are the clicks in sustain. but this clicks happen only when see modwheel is up in the video. when modwheel is down, no clicks in sustain. i understand that can vibrato use emulate, but i never hear such clicks when i play vibrato and i am not a good guitar player

The clicks you're hearing come from the Kontakt FX chain for that particular preset. This commonly happens when clipping occurs from unit to unit in a chain. With a quality 3rd party amp simulation this is not an issue.

I hear such clicks on the stratus free too, when i use 3.rd party ampsim. it depend on amp how much is hear. I notice when use a wah and boost mids, the clicks get less.

But hydra is better record, and i get now in mind the clicks maybe happen because in fingered vibrato the non vibrato record is mix with the vibrato record. this maybe is bad when use more distortion. I notice on stratus when modwheel is not full down or full up it sound even more worse. maybe this is the problem in this video too. ?. so use only modwheel full up or full down setting when use higher gain.

I also read about a effect called stratitis. happen more on single coil. this is the effect when pickups are too near to string. the magnet field of the pole pieces modulate the string when very near. so it is no good idea to reduce the pickup height to get more gain and sustain

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Return to “Impact Soundworks”