Shreddage 3 Hydra - Set up for two different tracks in reaper

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey !
I would like to know how to properly set up in Reaper two tracks - with 2 midi files slightly different (some harmonizations) - using Shreddage 3 Hydra.
Basically, here is what I do (like for a classical VSTi) : two channels (100 % left, 100 % right), Kontakt + Hydra on every channel, and... only one sound !!!
Thank you for you help !

You pretty much described it. You will have 2 tracks. Each track will have its own Kontakt. Each Kontakt will have its own Hydra. Each track will also have it's own MIDI items. You can use the pan knob in REAPER for the left/right that you are looking for.

You may want to look at the Hydra setup and make one of the tracks use guitar number 1 (of four) and the other track's Hydra be one of the other 3 available guitars.

There's probably a couple more different ways to do it, but that's how I would do it.

Thank you for your answer !
What you describe is what I do.
But only one guitar works. There is no sound for the other one and I don't really understand why...

It's up to you, but you could share your project file. I could see if it works on my side.

OK, I will do it, but on a very simple project (because the one where is the problem is far too complicated and big, with a lot of samples and so on, :? ).

I have the solution ! The reason why there was no sound : the midi file was affected to the wrong channel....

I'm happy you got it working!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”