Very little sample variation between chords.

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I have tried both manual power chords and pre-recorded power chords. But if they are strummed in succession, after the second chord hits. There is no transition, and the sample repeats way too often. This is a problem with basically anything, old and new. I might be really stupid and just doing something wrong. But, it can't be that hard right? My patterns are usually 4 bars long before the chords change. I could make better chords in general midi lol. I mainly use the heavier side of shreddage guitars. Yes, I know about the anti repetitive knob but it does jack sh..

The keyswitches from G sharp to B 5 cause upstrokes, downstrokes, partial upstrokes, and partial downstrokes. With pick attack at a good amount and realistic velocities (The velocity of the keyswitch midi note is the velocity by which the chord will play), I've actually gotten some pretty good chord strumming patterns. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HplLpLItLs This vid pretty much teaches you everything you need to know about strumming. And yes, the anti repetitive knob is dumb.

timmyha9@gmail.com wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:36 pm The keyswitches from G sharp to B 5 cause upstrokes, downstrokes, partial upstrokes, and partial downstrokes. With pick attack at a good amount and realistic velocities (The velocity of the keyswitch midi note is the velocity by which the chord will play), I've actually gotten some pretty good chord strumming patterns. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HplLpLItLs This vid pretty much teaches you everything you need to know about strumming. And yes, the anti repetitive knob is dumb.
I seen that video many times. I watched dozens more videos. I've read every guide and manual there is. I scoured the internet for answers in forums, messaged people, looked for alternatives. But I've hit a dead end each time or seen pretty (what I consider to be) common sense advices. I've spend half each day trying to solve this strumming issue. Like I said even if I do it manually and automate the F out of every parameter known to man, it still sounds off to my ear. Hell even if I just program down strokes it sounds like it's alternating. I tried offsets, other libraries, everything. And I don't know if this is a coincidence but literally Noone programs the fast strums I'm trying to do. It's like they don't dare. And I mean punk-rock fast strumming.

https://youtu.be/dn17-EfMNY8

Which specific Shreddage guitar are we talking about? Different S3 guitars have different depth of sampling that was done for power chords. For straight sustained powerchords it's usually 2x RR downstroke 2x RR upstroke, sometimes with velocity layers like in Hydra. Indeed, this would not be very conductive for those fast punk-rock powerchord strums (however you can always just use the single notes articulations, then do powerchords in piano roll. This provides you quite a bit more RR to work with.

Do note if you use multitracking if will effectively reduce the amount of round-robins you can go through (since they get stacked). In general you can always open the instrument edit mode to see what is going on. Power chord samples are usually stretched 2 or 3 keys, which means Anti Repetition parameter won't really do much here.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:11 pm Which specific Shreddage guitar are we talking about? Different S3 guitars have different depth of sampling that was done for power chords. For straight sustained powerchords it's usually 2x RR downstroke 2x RR upstroke, sometimes with velocity layers like in Hydra. Indeed, this would not be very conductive for those fast punk-rock powerchord strums (however you can always just use the single notes articulations, then do powerchords in piano roll. This provides you quite a bit more RR to work with.

Do note if you use multitracking if will effectively reduce the amount of round-robins you can go through (since they get stacked). In general you can always open the instrument edit mode to see what is going on. Power chord samples are usually stretched 2 or 3 keys, which means Anti Repetition parameter won't really do much here.
Someone still replies to my ancient post.
Let's say Hydra and Jupiter. I found that Jupiter has more cycles than Hydra which is funny. At least it sounds like that to me. I mostly rely on manual chords but you're right, it's just double tracked. But I figured since there's 4 separate guitar samplings it can't possibly repeat it self that soon. It sounded to me like there's literally just 2 strokes for down and up. And I just realized that I could possibly just treat two guitars as one. Meaning, 1 & 2 would each play a separate stroke every following beat. Same would go for the other 4 & 5. It's just theory and already seems cumbersome.

Both Hydra and Jupiter have 2x RR for downstroke and upstroke for regular single note sustains. 4x RR for downstroke and upstroke for palm mutes. They're identical in this regard.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”