hi chris...

Official support for: sonigen.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

... just wanted to say that i installed this now that i read on the news page about it and i messed around with it since 10min or so... in short: unbelievable low on cpu, i can't believe it, really... this is what i call _damned_ efficient programming. my deepest respect!

fund a bug or two:

- portamento mode is always "all", no matter how you set it up. i.e. in "legato" mode the glide is present even the notes aren't overlapping.

- i'm on a 2 monitor system, and the menues are appearing only on the left monitor, no matter where the pluginwindow is placed.

all in all i'm highly impressed, and being a sounddesigner for my living, i hope that says something!

again, my respect, keep up the great work!
will watch this place with an hawk eye, that's for sure.

btw, a tan-h or whatever saturation algo within the feedback path of the analog lowpass filter models will do wonders in terms of analog sound... just a hint... :)

:tu: :clap: :shock:
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Just want to double whammy that
Amazing stuff this is
Definitely one of my favorite soft synths already (Just about to get rid of my Scope cards and this is a great replacement for Scope modular)

Not loving the connecting things up with menus thing in the first ten minutes but if that is part of the ultra low CPU then keep it that way for sure ;)

SDK for modules might be a good idea too ;) (Script based would be the most user friendly i think)

Cheers

OK isn't it always so
As soon as i posted the message i found a bug
The filter drop down doesn't work properly here, you can't navigate up or down it or move the slider to see either end of the drop down
XP 32 SP3 Reaper v4

confirmed... one can't grab the scroll bar as well as it doesn't scroll itself when moving down the mouse in the dropdown. one has to select the lowest visible entry, then reopen the menue and take it from there.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

brok landers wrote: fund a bug or two:

- portamento mode is always "all", no matter how you set it up. i.e. in "legato" mode the glide is present even the notes aren't overlapping.

- i'm on a 2 monitor system, and the menues are appearing only on the left monitor, no matter where the pluginwindow is placed.
Thanks, I'll look into it.

btw, a tan-h or whatever saturation algo within the feedback path of the analog lowpass filter models will do wonders in terms of analog sound... just a hint... :)
It's on the todo list but it will be in a new lowpass filter module as it will be pretty heavy cpu wise. Plus it's gonna take some time to develop.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

gpunk wrote:Not loving the connecting things up with menus thing in the first ten minutes but if that is part of the ultra low CPU then keep it that way for sure ;)
The reason I have it that was is that if it were drag and drop cabling you would still need some way to select the destination parameter. So you'd either need some extra input terminals to drop onto, or you'd need a popup menu asking what you want to connect to. So in the former case it's extra GUI noise, or the later a popup menu anyway.

That said I am not averse to adding drag and drop cabling ontop of the menu system if I can find a way to do it that doesnt have those problems.
SDK for modules might be a good idea too ;) (Script based would be the most user friendly i think)
I have thought a lot about scripting, but it's a big job, not just implementation wise but also development wise.

So it's low priority and a maybe.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Will look into the other menu problems too,

Thanks for the reports!
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

sonigen wrote:
gpunk wrote:Not loving the connecting things up with menus thing in the first ten minutes but if that is part of the ultra low CPU then keep it that way for sure ;)
The reason I have it that was is that blah blah
I will be brutally honest here
I am starting to find the pop up so intuitive that if you implemented drag n drop cabling im not sure i would use it (Might be a selling point though)
Have to say once i got used to it it was very much a "Yep this is how it should be" moment

Really enjoying this synth so much right now

gpunk wrote:
sonigen wrote:
The reason I have it that was is that blah blah
I will be brutally honest here
I am starting to find the pop up so intuitive that if you implemented drag n drop cabling im not sure i would use it (Might be a selling point though)
Have to say once i got used to it it was very much a "Yep this is how it should be" moment

Really enjoying this synth so much right now
same here. compared to the way it is now, the drag'n drop connection is actually kinda fiddely... i already hated it on the arturia moog modular and other modulars... it's getting especially complicated, if you'd like to multiple connect a source, which is already connected to another destination...
imo, just stick to the way it is now... the way it is now is just great, and even enhancable. f.e., you could (that is to be found _nowhere_ up to now) additionally create a popup window, in which the connections are shown like in a dropdown modulation matrix and one could do the patching there as well... that way one could work like in a synth with a conventional modmatrix and bled out the cables... that would be another approach that actually would give a greater overview on what's connected where when it's geting complex...
and it would be something new, because, as i said, it's yet to be found in _any_ other software synth, nor any other hardware synth. :wink:
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

brok landers wrote: imo, just stick to the way it is now... the way it is now is just great, and even enhancable. f.e., you could (that is to be found _nowhere_ up to now) additionally create a popup window, in which the connections are shown like in a dropdown modulation matrix and one could do the patching there as well... that way one could work like in a synth with a conventional modmatrix and bled out the cables... that would be another approach that actually would give a greater overview on what's connected where when it's geting complex...
and it would be something new, because, as i said, it's yet to be found in _any_ other software synth, nor any other hardware synth. :wink:
I've added that to the ideas list too!
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Return to “Sonigen”