Split from : Dev status / future direction.

Official support for: sonigen.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wonderful news! The unison panning sounds exciting and all the other ones listed are all great additions. Can't wait to try the new version!

One quick feature request regarding a possible upcoming phaser module:
Please make it possible to have the phaser speed 0, basically like a Doepfer A-125 Voltage Controlled Phase Shifter. I guess same thing applies for flanger and chorus too (?).

Basically what I want to do is use a CV sequencer to modulate these effects, instead of an LFO. Adding a slew makes the modulations smooth and round. Adding a second sequqncer to modulate the feedback rate will result in even more fun. Perhaps we even can do Karplus-Strong effects (where the delay-line is pitched and plays in tune), that would be the optimal case.

Jesse J wrote: One quick feature request regarding a possible upcoming phaser module:
Please make it possible to have the phaser speed 0, basically like a Doepfer A-125 Voltage Controlled Phase Shifter. I guess same thing applies for flanger and chorus too (?).

Basically what I want to do is use a CV sequencer to modulate these effects, instead of an LFO. Adding a slew makes the modulations smooth and round. Adding a second sequqncer to modulate the feedback rate will result in even more fun. Perhaps we even can do Karplus-Strong effects (where the delay-line is pitched and plays in tune), that would be the optimal case.
I intend to allow modulation for effect parameters but I'll have to see how the algorithms pan out to see which have that feature. Some parameters can be very expensive to modulate in real time. That said I don't see any reason why it cant be done with phaser / flanger / tuning / resonance.

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

can't wait can't wait

Is there a listing of available modules? I'm particularly interested in soundfont or .wav loading ability and granular, as I much prefer playing with organic sounds rather than synth sounds.

randomelement2' wrote:Is there a listing of available modules? I'm particularly interested in soundfont or .wav loading ability and granular, as I much prefer playing with organic sounds rather than synth sounds.
No list ATM but it something I need to get on the website.

There is a wavetable module, you can load a sample and take "harmonic snapshots" from it and generate a Waldorf like wavetable, one which you can sweep through multiple waveforms.

Granular / samples will probably appear at some point.

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Thanks Chris. I'll definitely keep an eye on this. I don't really have much experience with modulars, but I love tweaking, so this seems ideal.

Just wanted to say that the modular sounds great! Lots of fun to use and very refreshing way to connect things
Modulating pulse width with a supersaw was cool!
Only tried it briefly so far in energyXT (100% stable) but will do more playing .. i mean "testing" a bit later when i have time again! :tu:
:hug:

Return to “Sonigen”