Moog Slim Phatty wavetables

Official support for: sonigen.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

recently i created multisamples of my Moog Slim Phatty (= Moog Little Phatty rack) which i want to use in Alchemy (already tested) and other softsynths.

Based on those multisamples which include up to 9 octaves (with 3 samples each) and each sample around 1 to 4 seconds long (with attack part) i created some less complex wavetables for use in Sonigen Modular.

The wavetables which include single and mixed waveforms are:
- Moog SP Sawtooth
- Moog SP Square
- Moog SP Triangle
- Moog SP_Saw + Square
- Moog SP_Triangle + Saw + Square
- Moog SP_Triangle + Saw
- Moog SP_Triangle + Square

A mix of Sawtooth and Triangle is called "Sharktooth" BTW. :)

The wavetable with single waveforms (the first 3) could morph through 4 different FFT sizes (2048, 4096, 8192, 16384) which results in a slightly different sound.
The mixed wavetables include 2 or 3 different waveforms and use a FFT size of 4096 each.

You could download the wavetables here:
EDIT: Included in the Sonigen Modular installer now.

For testing the wavetables i included two presets/patches.

You should copy the wavetables in your "wavetable" folder and the presets to a place you like. You could use the same folder which i used in the Zip file.

UPDATE (30.09.2011):
I have corrected the settings for the harmonics now and checked the waveforms with a Signal analyzer. I have also corrected the two test presets with the updated wavetables.
Another change is that morphing (with "Wav" knob) in the single waveforms works from the highest FFT size (16382) to the lowest (2048) now.

Hopefully more wavetables (maybe with more Slim Phatty waveforms like e.g. Pulse) and presets will follow soon. If Chris wants i give the permission to include the wavetables in the factory wavetables.
Same about my presets (also the older ones which i already published) but i'll work a little on those so it's better to wait i guess.

Have fun,
Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:08 am, edited 5 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Thanks!
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

File Not Found.

Hi,

i just replaced the download in the OP with an updated version. Sorry for those who already downloaded it.
The reason is that i found that in the nixed wavetables the Triangle and Square waveforms seem to sound better when the FFT size is 80192 instead of 4096.
Anyway you could play with those settings yourself and find your favorite one.

As the wavetables also seem to be saved within the preset files i also updated one o the presets/patches as this uses a Triangle/Saw mix.

Like already mentioned in the single waveforms you could morph the FFt size from 2048 to 16384 using the "Wav" knob.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Gonga wrote:File Not Found.
Sorry, I have just updated it. Please see my last post. :)
You should be able to download it now.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Thanks Ingo! Are these just for the Sonigen Modular?

Gonga wrote:Thanks Ingo! Are these just for the Sonigen Modular?
Hi,

AFAIK this format is only for Sonigen Modular.

I want to use the original multisamples (up to 27 single samples for each waveform) for future commercial banks for e.g. Alchemy. I already started using them in Alchemy.

BTW i updated the two test presets (included in the zip) with Modwheel modulation:

AFAIK those should also work without the wavetable files as they seem to be included in the preset files.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Edit. Sonigen only.

EDIT
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote: AFAIK those should also work without the wavetable files as they seem to be included in the preset files.
Yes the the wavetables are always saved with the patches. The samples need not be, you can click "clear sample" before you save the patch or the wavetable, and you'll just save the actual wavetable data. It wont affect the sound you get if the actual sample isn't included.

To be clear : The sample is analysed and used as a source for creating a collection of harmonic serieses (what's the plural of series?). These harmonic series create the actual wavetable. So all the wavetable stuff can happily go on without the sample data being present. You only need the sample to generate the series, but once done the sample can take a hike!

And I'd be glad to include your wavetables and patches in the main download. Just let me know when your ready and I'll put 'em in there. Include a text licence or readme if you want.

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

sonigen wrote:
Ingonator wrote: AFAIK those should also work without the wavetable files as they seem to be included in the preset files.
Yes the the wavetables are always saved with the patches. The samples need not be, you can click "clear sample" before you save the patch or the wavetable, and you'll just save the actual wavetable data. It wont affect the sound you get if the actual sample isn't included.

And I'd be glad to include your wavetables and patches in the main download. Just let me know when your ready and I'll put 'em in there. Include a text licence or readme if you want.

Thanks,
Hi Chris,

if you like you could include the wavetables in the next version.
Same about the updated version of the two test presets (see second link in the OP).
My older presets and some new ones will be published later as i still want to work a little on those.

In the future i'll hopefully get more wavetables, maybe even based on samples of my own commercial Waldorf Blofeld bank (could be difficult based on the limited size in Sonigen Modular), samples of the Virus TI and the missing waveforms of the Slim Phatty like different Pulses. I have also started to do a few Drum presets, mostly based on the Noise oscillator.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Hi Chris,

here is another wavetable + preset based on one of my Waldorf Blofeld presets:

The original sample was almost 4 seconds long so i used the Timestretch in Steinberg Wavelab Elements 7 for this.

If you like you could add this to the next version of Sonigen Modular.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

I have them in my data folder now so they will be included in the next release.

Thanks Ingo,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

This is way too addictive. I'm making presets again and it's all you guys' fault.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

Based on another thread here and the help file of Sonigen Modular i just found how to use the right mouse button in the FFT window.
This way you could expand the harmonics used in the FFT analysis. I'll check if this could be also helpful for the Slim Phatty wavetables i already published. If yes i'll publish an update here.

UPDATE:
Changing the range of the harmonics with the right mouse button has a big influence on the sound in higher octaves so i'll maybe publish another update soon. This seems to be most important for the Sawtooth waveform. Anyway the wavetables already sound good now but i want to get it as close as possible to the original sample.
I am using a free Signal Analyzer now to check the waveform which makes it much easier to find the correct setting.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Sonigen”