Feature request

Official support for: sonigen.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Chris,

I don't know if it's been asked before but I would really love to have drawable oscillators. (actually, it's a feature I could kill for :hihi: )

Cheers,
David

Totolitoto wrote:Hi Chris,

I don't know if it's been asked before but I would really love to have drawable oscillators. (actually, it's a feature I could kill for :hihi: )

Cheers,
David
I'll add it to the ideas list. I have a few ideas for the wavetables, one real simple one that I've tested and sounds good, one that in theory should sound good but haven't tested due the large amount of work it would require. To be honest I'm not entirely happy with the editor, it works fine and does what it is supposed to, but it's hard to get a smooth set of waves out of it. So improvements in editing are definitely something I want to do.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

About drawable wavetables - i think also about "vector" (or "vertex") oscillator - like drawable osc, but with curves with control points, with ajustable slopes, etc. (like in vector graphic editors) - main idea of this osc is to make ability to modulate control points (in 2 dimensions for each - x,y) with external signal (LFO's, EG's, or another osc or audio source).
One and only synth i know with this type of osc - is QuikQuak Glass Viper
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/2950.html - this is just a phenomenal idea to control and visualise modulations of wave shape - this plug really something unique, just entirely a new type/approach of synthesis (maybe call it "visual waveshaping" or something...)
Also normal waveshaping osc would be usefull too (like in zeta+ 2)
or combine vector osc with some waveshaping parameters (also with modulation)
Just my idea to think about... :roll:

I got a few suggestions:

1. Would be great if it were possible to color the modules to have certain groups, which one could work with and mix them together. (1b) Renaming such "modulegroups" would also help to clearly arrange more complex patches. Renaming the inputs on the voice mixer could help, for example.

2. It also would be nice to minimize the modules.

3. Also I'd like to have a real wave import function, so it would be possible to import a wave form for example. This would be a more sample based approach though.

I've added 1 & 2 to the ideas list.

Module renaming is on the todo, I'm hoping to get that in the next beta.

Multi sampling is also on the todo, there's no time frame for that yet.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Hi Chris ,

Nice work. Really like this Supersynth ;)
I took some ideas from Nord Modular G2 software.

My wish list :

--Step LFO or Step Sequencer,Draw LFO.
--More effects (Gate Compressor Eq Limiter Reverb Chorus Flanger).
--Modulation input for each parameters.
--Adjustable window size.
--Logic Switches (And Or Nor Not ...).
--4 or 8 Chanel mixer with (Pan Mute Solo).
--A Sampler with Modulation input for play position and sample speed to create beatsync loops when controlled by a tempo synched Ramp Up LFO.

I know it's a bit dreamlike but With these futures, one Sonigen will be enough for our arsenal.

Stonail wrote: --Step LFO or Step Sequencer,Draw LFO.
--More effects (Gate Compressor Eq Limiter Reverb Chorus Flanger).
--Modulation input for each parameters.
--Adjustable window size.
--Logic Switches (And Or Nor Not ...).
--4 or 8 Chanel mixer with (Pan Mute Solo).
--A Sampler with Modulation input for play position and sample speed to create beatsync loops when controlled by a tempo synched Ramp Up LFO.
First two are on the todo list.

Mod input for every parameter is unfortunately not viable. Some things trigger a recompilation of the audio code which is not something that can happen in the audio thread. That said there is more that could be made modulatable, and there'll be a few added in the next beta.

Window size is adjustable in the preferences, do you mean you want to make it bigger that currently available?

Logic switches is on the ideas list. TBH i dont really know what they are used for in modular synthesis.

I'll add the mixer and the beat sampler to the ideas list.

Thanks for the suggestions. :)
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Return to “Sonigen”