Support Info / Requests / Bugs / Mailing List

Official support for: sonigen.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Getting help.

Either post your question here or email me at

chris{at}sonigen[dot]com

I try to keep everything listed and organized and I try to answer as much as I can but I will forget or lose track of things from time to time. So feel free to ask me again if I haven't answered you or some request has dropped of the radar.

Bug Reports.

Again email me or post here.

Include as much info as you can, and include the errorlog info from...

MyDocuments/SonigenModularErrorLog.txt

Most times that info can tell me exactly where to find the problem.

Keeping up with developments

There is a mailing list for product announcements. I want to keep to a monthly update cycle but so far it's ended up being longer. The mailing list will only be major announcements. New features and such like, not every minor bug fix.

You can subscribe / unsubscribe on the support page on the website or you can just email me directly.

http://sonigen.com/?page_id=9
Last edited by sonigen on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

How about not saving with patch retrigger button on pulsaw osc and pan position on voice mixer bug? :roll:

SoulState wrote:How about not saving with patch retrigger button on pulsaw osc and pan position on voice mixer bug? :roll:
OK, fixed, just doing a full build and will upload to the website in about 20 mins.

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Hi Chris,

some requests i currently got (don't know if already mentioned) are:

- Step Sequencer module:

This would be cool for note sequencing and modulation

- Chorus FX:

I found that some of my pad sounds sound much nicer with a Chorus FX. My favorite (besides the one in Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V) is the Schwa Oligarc Chorus from the Oligarc bundle: http://www.stillwellaudio.com/?page_id=39

- Phaser FX, Reverb FX:

Those would be be nice but not as urgent as a Chorus IMO.

- Oscillator module with additional waveforms like Sine + Triangle:

Currently my Triangle wavetable could replace one of those but as my Moog Slim Phatty got no Sine waveform i don't have a sample of that.

- new envelope module with multiple points:

This would be useful especially for wavetable scanning.

- Inverter module:

This is cool to create e.g. a Ramp waveform based on a Sawtooth or vice versa.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Hi Ingo, those are all already on the list, I've made a note of what you say about chorus so I can check those out when I get around to it.

About the inverter, you can use a math modifier on the signal input and set the multiplier to -1. (Assuming you dont already need the modifier slot for something else)
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

sonigen wrote:Hi Ingo, those are all already on the list, I've made a note of what you say about chorus so I can check those out when I get around to it.

About the inverter, you can use a math modifier on the signal input and set the multiplier to -1. (Assuming you dont already need the modifier slot for something else)
Hi Chris,

i made that list based on what i missed during creating the last patches.
I'll check the math modifier feature soon. Sounds interesting.

About the Chorus:

Evaluation versions of the Oligarc Chorus and PPG Wave 3.V are available here:

http://www.stillwellaudio.com/?page_id=39

http://www.waldorfmusic.de/en/ppg-3-evaluation.html
latest version of PPG Wave 3.V (works also with a evaluation license):
http://www.waldorfmusic.de/en/version-102.html

A new bank which i made for PPG Wave 3.V will be (finally!!) available soon...
Include several samples, also some i used for the wavetables now.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Bug?

- Cable from voice mixer to output is red instead of green. (static process signal path is not green), also in delay fx module cable red instead of green...

Also control cables from ADSFR and LFO's are red instead of yellow...

When loading existing patches colors are OK, but when i create new connections - all cables are red...

I've added it to the bug tracker.

thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello Chris. I'm Nicolas (i offered to translate it into spanish). I have a feature request: MIDI VST support

http://code.google.com/p/pizmidi/ (http://code.google.com/p/pizmidi/)
http://dunk.smartelectronix.com/ (http://dunk.smartelectronix.com/)

which i think will add A LOT of functionality and at the same time relieve you of making the more complicated/less likely to be used modules.
Thanks.

Hi Nicolas,

I've added it to the ideas / requests tracker. Cant say much more than that cause i have never looked at or used VST MIDI plugins. But ill look into it at some point.

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

One little thing - ability to modulate Pulse/Saw knob on Pulsaw osc would be useful too.

Ok I've added it to the ideas list. If it can be done cheaply enough CPU wise I think its a good feature to have.

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Standalone version of the latest beta seems very detuned from my MIDI input if I'm not running my soundcard at 44.1 kHz samplerate.

Other than that, it sounds amazing! I wish it were easier to use with regards to connecting modules with cables. No drag and drop here? Weird. :(

Oh, and here are my requests and noticings (typos mainly :P):

* Separate pitch bend and pitch down range. Maximum value 24 semitones. Allow inversion (+/- 24 semitones range on both knobs).

* Drag&drop connection between ports.

* Up to 64 waveforms in the wavetable oscillator.

* There's no support for sustain pedal? Why? :/

* Mousewheel support in dropdown menus (filter mode, patch browser, for example).

* Two more cable colors wouldn't hurt (say, blue and orange! :)

* "Browser" button should light up when it's activated.

* Ability to rename presets within Browser. Also edit tags, etc.

* The ability to show presets in multiple columns in the browser (without tags listed next to the patch name).

* Cable opacity parameter (and main power button) should be persistent between opening/closing of the program.

* Wider octave transpose on the oscillators. +/- 4 or 5 octaves, please.

* SVF morphable filter :)

* Ability to shape the curve of velocity and MIDI CC modulations with custom curves (CCs can't be shaped at all currently, we have 3 simple velocity curves). This should be really flexible. See ModMappers in u-he Zebra 2 on how to do this kind of thing.

* MIDI is an acronym, use it as such throughout the UI. Not "midi", not "Midi". MIDI.

* BPM is also an acronym! ;)

* It's "Directories", not "Directorys".

That'll do for now! :D

BTW I'm EXTREMELY amazed at the fact that there are virtually NO GLITCHES between patch changes! That's very amazing, it simply begs for implementing MIDI Program Changes! ;)

EvilDragon wrote:* Separate pitch bend and pitch down range. Maximum value 24 semitones. Allow inversion (+/- 24 semitones range on both knobs).
Whats the usage for that?
* Drag&drop connection between ports.
It's on the ideas list. It's a not as straight forward as people think since there are no input ports to begin with. So there would still need to some extra way to select the input target.
* Up to 64 waveforms in the wavetable oscillator.
I've added it to the ideas list.
* There's no support for sustain pedal? Why? :/

* Mousewheel support in dropdown menus (filter mode, patch browser, for example).

* Cable opacity parameter (and main power button) should be persistent between opening/closing of the program.

it simply begs for implementing MIDI Program Changes! ;)
They are all on the todo list.
* Wider octave transpose on the oscillators. +/- 4 or 5 octaves, please.
Is that because you cant get the spread between oscillators or because you just generally want to tune the patch higher or lower than currently allowed? Would a master octave control do what you need, or do you need extra range per oscillator?
* Two more cable colors wouldn't hurt (say, blue and orange! :)

* "Browser" button should light up when it's activated.

* Ability to rename presets within Browser. Also edit tags, etc.

* The ability to show presets in multiple columns in the browser (without tags listed next to the patch name).

* SVF morphable filter :)

* Ability to shape the curve of velocity and MIDI CC modulations with custom curves (CCs can't be shaped at all currently, we have 3 simple velocity curves). This should be really flexible. See ModMappers in u-he Zebra 2 on how to do this kind of thing.
I've added those to the ideas list. Some good ideas and suggestions there!

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Return to “Sonigen”