Sonigen don't work anymore after reinstall

Official support for: sonigen.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, i installed last beta V0.9.172 in new program and plugin directory with another name, beacuse i wanted use it together with older V0.9.165, but in my host appeared only new version, so i try it and it worked fine, i wanted retweak patches from older version to newer, but my host load only new version of sonigen, i uninstall sonigen, and install older version again to finish projects made with V0.9.165, but sonigen stop working at all :shock: nor Standalone, nor vst plugin won't working anymore :-o .
When i try to launch Standalone version - Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error appears.
Error Log:
ModularStartup
Lookups generated
CJL Skin initialized
Modular Skin initialized
SSE Supported
Startup OK
ASIO::Startup
Init Dirver List
Sysdir = C:\Windows\system32
Windir = C:\Windows
Opened Base Key
Enum Sub Key : 0
DllPath = c:\program files (x86)\steinberg\asio\asiodxfd.dll
Enum Sub Key : 1
DllPath = C:\WindowsASIOEchoPCI.dll
Enum Sub Key : 2
DllPath = C:\Program Files (x86)\ASIO4ALL v2\asio4all.dll
Enum Sub Key : 3
Enum Sub Key : 4
DllPath = c:\program files (x86)\steinberg\asio\asioglld.dll
End Init Driver List

When i try vst Plugin - my host (Cubase5) - crashes with error

Sonigen Error Log:

ModularStartup
Lookups generated
CJL Skin initialized
Modular Skin initialized
SSE Supported
Startup::Sucess
VST::CreatePlugin

I tryed uninslalling Sonigen and installing again three times, but it wont helps... not working anymore

:cry:

Just on lunch break from the day job so can only answer quickly.

I think based on the error log it's likely that it's crashing when it trys to scan the data folder for patches.

If you set a new data folder with the new version, or have written patches with new features into the old directory, then the old version will be looking at that and may be crashing when scanning new patches. A new install doesn't overwrite the old data folder location.

If you're comfortable with regedit then you could reset the registry keys.

Click "run..." on the start menu.

The type in "regedit" and press enter.

The keys you are looking for are in...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sonigen Modular\

You can either serach manualy, or use the search function.

The "DataPath" subkey is the data directory for sonigen modular. Thats where it scans for patches at start up.

Or you can just delete the whole Sonigen folder, and reinstall.

If you have new patches in the default folder though, you would need to rename or move that so it doesnt just install the data folder over the top.

I need to fix it so that it doesnt crash when scaning the data folder at startup. Just ignores patches that wont load. In fact I'll put that to the top of the list.

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Did that help get it working?

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

sonigen wrote:Did that help get it working?

Thanks,
Yeah it's working after i deleted Sonigen data folder in My Documents, thank you for help! :)

But deleting all data folder is not necessary, later i have found out that 3 patches from new version were the problem, i just move it away form patches folder. Really, оlder version of Sonigen try to scan patches from new version and crashes - all as you have told.

Return to “Sonigen”