help with convincing panflute please

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want to make it realistic as possible, a slider with overblown amount would be nice. can't get it quite there though. Any help would be much appreciated.
In the future there will be robots!

In Classic VL2 there are several nice physically modeled flutes from my Yamaha VL1. You can cross switch or could assign a slider.

If you want to program one yourself, the overblown flute is one octave higher that your normal tone, has a different harmonic structure and may be slightly off key. Getting that convincing off key transition tone is the real trick, however.

daniel wrote:In Classic VL2 there are several nice physically modeled flutes from my Yamaha VL1. You can cross switch or could assign a slider.

If you want to program one yourself, the overblown flute is one octave higher that your normal tone, has a different harmonic structure and may be slightly off key. Getting that convincing off key transition tone is the real trick, however.
I still wish, Daniel, you would write a Rhino-2-sounds-book :). Surely not as a replacement for the outstandingly great works you sell, but maybe like tutorials which enable people to program Rhino2 better. I'd pay for it, I am sure.

I had considered it a time or two... That would be a huge task as the Rhino is deep. Maybe I should try a chapter and see how it goes...

thanks for the tip daniel i wish i could try it right now but i don't have access to rhino and don't know when i will, i'm really hoping tick updates rhino soon and adds portability to it 'cause i'm doing everything off of a jump drive. You've definitely sold me on your vl-1 banks, i remember i was interested before and quite impressed with the demo sounds, once i get rhino back i'll pick em up for sure. Actually those demos made me start looking for a physical modeling vsti, didn't really find anything that i couldn't live without though. +1 for that book man I would for sure buy that, your sound design is top notch and I would love the opportunity to gain some of that experience and knowledge.
In the future there will be robots!

Return to “Big Tick”