Zenification requests

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Big Tick wrote:I'm not sure what a snap is (versus a preset).
BTW, did you receive my standalone host ?
Nope never got it.

Each ensemble has it's own list of presets. These are called snapshots in Reaktor parlance.

aMUSEd wrote:Each ensemble has it's own list of presets. These are called snapshots in Reaktor parlance.
OK then yes, these are the ones that will be managed as presets by Zen.
I've uploaded the host here, just rename the exe to the same name than the dll (e.g, fm8.exe if the plugin is fm8.dll)

'Tick

Snap is Reaktor's internal preset for a loaded instrument in an ensemble. Each instrument (including the whole ensemble) can have its own snap. So, for example, you have two synths and an effect loaded in an ensemble. How will Zen know which snapshot to route to which instrument in that ensemble?

Also, just "Reaktor" for tags. There are TOO MANY synths in the user library to make the other naming scheme viable.

It won't know, but it won't have to. The only thing Zen sees is Reaktor. So when you click the import button, it:
1. asks Reaktor for the data associated with its current internal state
2. asks Reaktor for the name of the current state (e.g, the preset name as defined by Reaktor)
3. creates a new Zen preset with this name and data.

I just need to make sure that step 2. is ok (some plugins out there don't implement it, so that you end up with a bunch of unnamed presets in Zen).

OK, I just enabled FM8 and Pro-53. Upload away ! :)

and now Massive too !

Don't know about the others but preset import for Massive is not working properly - when I click on 1 preset it tries to add 8 of the same. Seeing as there are 8 macro controls I can't help wondering if there is a connection?

Clicking through the 8 imported there are differences even though they have the same name - names of macro controls for example

Is this for regular (1 click) import, or for autoimport ?

FM8 just crashes Zen when I try and import anything!

Arghh ! Just the thing I can't test with FM8 demo !

Pro 53 seems to work but its preset management sucks so it's hard to select presets in the first place - this is where adding some arrows for facilitating scrolling presets in a loaded plugin might be useful.

Crap it's impossible with Pro 53 too - the only way to load presets is by changing preset number in the gui which makes it too fiddly and I keep getting dupe messages - presets are jumping about from one to the other

aMUSed, you can switch presets in Pro-53 (and many others) by clicking on the Pro-53 window, and then using the left/right keys while the mouse cursor is on the window bar.

It only works for synths that have the concept of a "bank", though. Most modern ones have only 1 preset exposed to the host, and force you to switch presets through their built-in management system.

Now you understand why I'm reluctant to activate synths I can't test...

OK that worked - got all 512 presets in the factory bank in at least although they need tagging. I've always found Pro 53's preset system useless except in Kore as it has all those presets but you can't easily see them or browse to them - Zen makes that aspect easier at least

ok so now I need to get my hands on a FM8 and Massive license... Anyone got one that they don't use ? :)

Return to “Big Tick”