Zen 1.7.2 beta #1

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It is becoming awkward to release a new version every other day, and I don't want to spam kvr news with new releases every week. At the same time, thanks to users testing, some critical bugs are being found (and duly fixed), and these require frequent updates. So I am going to use a public beta system instead.

... starting immediately with 1.7.2 beta1, available at the link below, which fixes a few more of these annoying crashes. Keep them coming ! :)

Thanks for the update! Is there a change list?

Problems with the installer I noticed immediately:

- "Empty DB" should be deselected if DB is already present
- It would be nice to remember the last installation path
- If I change the installation path and choose to directly run Zen from the installer it still uses the default path and therefore crashes.

Yes, see Changelog in your Zen folder in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming

moss wrote:- "Empty DB" should be deselected if DB is already present
It should be if you select 'update a previous installation'. Otherwise if you select 'full setup' it will be selected. Maybe it's just that the installer should automatically select 'full' or 'update' based on the existence of a previous install.
If I change the installation path and choose to directly run Zen from the installer it still uses the default path and therefore crashes.
Strange - I checked the installer and it looks like it's running it from whatever path you specified. Must look into this some more...

Big Tick wrote:It should be if you select 'update a previous installation'. Otherwise if you select 'full setup' it will be selected. Maybe it's just that the installer should automatically select 'full' or 'update' based on the existence of a previous install.
Uh, yes. Completely overlooked that there is a drop down box.
Big Tick wrote: Strange - I checked the installer and it looks like it's running it from whatever path you specified. Must look into this some more...
I retried with the Custom installation but same result (I selected "C:\Privat\VstPLugins" but it tried to start Zen with "C:\Programme\VstPlugins"). Windows 8 64 bit.

By the way: creating a start entry would be nice (could also link the changelist).

Ah, I've been carried away with my own preferences - too many programs installing stuff in the start entries, up to the point it becomes unusable.

Just tried the update, still getting that crash with imposcar 2 in the standalone and Bidule with the VSTi.

Yes. There is something very weird with impOscar 2. Working on it...

It's also crashing when I try and import Poseidon patches

Another question - I just had to enter my designer key again and edit preferences again - why does it keep losing this info?

That's because the installer overwrites the zen.properties file. I'll fix that for the next beta.

Hi Bigtick!
nothing has changed, after run Zen 1.7.2, info appears "Downloading Asia Glass Bell"(Kontakt preset) and after 1-2 minutes all comp memory has been completely devoured and my comp stop working
:-o
use ZEN is not possible :?
Music - is my life

what if you disable Kontakt ? just to check something....

Ok, I'll try it, but.. there is another problem: Diversion presets don't loading, all time default init preset :-o
Music - is my life

Big Tick wrote:what if you disable Kontakt ? just to check something....
Yes, disabling Kontakt release RAM, and as soon as I turn it on, on downloading Asia .. Bells, after 1-2 minutes all comp ram was eaten and downloading process becomes infinite :o
Music - is my life

ok. I think this particular preset got corrupted somehow, which is why it causes all these problems. I will have to delete it from the server.

Return to “Big Tick”