Home studio desks

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

QWERTY keyboard over piano or other way around. That is my question. I’m building a studio desk and I’ve seen both approaches. Not sure if I want a sliding drawer underneath for a midi keyboard or for my computer keyboard.
Experiences? Opinions?

B.
paz por esos mundos

My opinion....I don't like a heavy 88 keyboard on a sliding drawer at all. Also hand position and distance from the monitor could become an issue. I guess it depends on logistics and the type of midi controller(s) you use.

Because my music iMac is also my home office computer, the more ergonomic QWERTY position is more important to me.

I'm looking at a 4-legged standing desk because I could go without a drawer but raise and lower it to proper ergonomics either way (though I'd have to move the keyboard when not in use) - or I could DIY a drawer myself at some point.

You can't get a wireless qwerty and put it in your lap?
Or just get an adjustable flip table?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I've tried both and didn't really like either. It always seemed like one was in the way of the other or uncomfortable. I moved it off to the side as it is not in heavy use.

look at the one i've drawn, it's simplified and easy to make
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ ... -32-by-295
desk_01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”