My new studio in the making

...and how to do so...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everybody,
Just wanted to share some DIY pictures of stuff that we made recently for my new studio. I'm still not fully done with the room, but for the time being I got a few pictures that I can share. I did take pictures and some videos along the way. Eventually I'll put them all together into a video hopefully.

DIY Bass Traps:

DIY 4'X8' Skyline Diffuser:

Wow! so much craftsmanship has gone into this studio!

The diffuser is visually stunning. Out of curiosity are the types of wood used all different?

Lewis

Thank you Lewis. The credit really goes to my uncle whose carpentry skills are just amazing. I did the leg work and pretty much followed his instructions. Other than that my DIY skills from the scale of 1 to 100 are about -60000000000.

Yes, they are. I think we used 4 different woods with their natural color. I did not want to paint anything.

Looks great. But just a quick check.. The fibreglass in those bass traps looks like it has a high density.
Are you aware of calculators like this one http://www.acousticmodelling.com/porous.php and that low density fibreglass should give you better absorption especially in the bass?
High density fibreglass (those hard pressed dense slabs) can easily have a flow resistivity of 40000+ Pa.s.m2 while very fluffy slabs can drop to more optimal values like ~5000 Pa.s.m2

Pythagorean wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:15 am Looks great. But just a quick check.. The fibreglass in those bass traps looks like it has a high density.
Are you aware of calculators like this one http://www.acousticmodelling.com/porous.php and that low density fibreglass should give you better absorption especially in the bass?
High density fibreglass (those hard pressed dense slabs) can easily have a flow resistivity of 40000+ Pa.s.m2 while very fluffy slabs can drop to more optimal values like ~5000 Pa.s.m2
Thank you. Yes, I'm aware of the frequency response of the most popular material for such applications. There are many contrasting reports/lab tests and such on these studies. Just check Gearslutz and find it out for yourself. I decided this was the right material for me, as I've used them in the past with great results. I'm really happy with the way things worked out. The difference would be very minimal and hardly noticeable otherwise.

DIY 4" Cloud/ceiling panel:

Just finished the construction part of the studio a few days ago. Added the DIY door handle to the DIY 4.5" door. Made another 2 smaller panels...and a friend made me a cover for the piano.

very nice :clap:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Epic studio :D

Looks pretty darn good! :tu:

Sweet! Nice job :tu:

That diffuser looks pretty heavy. It also looks great, I wonder if I should make one of those.
Last edited by pekbro on Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Woah, Massive is massive!!!!

This looks immense.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Spectacular! Great craftsmanship.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

This is great! Giving me some inspiration for my own space.

Very nice!

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”