Feature request - Phaseplant LFO / envelope loop points

Official support for: kilohearts.com
tremor206
KVRer
4 posts since 8 May, 2018

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:28 pm

Maybe this is already possible somehow, but I haven't been able to figure out a way to do it.

It would be great if the Envelope & LFO modulation sources had loop points in Phaseplant.

As an example, think the multi-stage envelope generators in U-he Zebra 2, or the loopable envelopes in NI FM8, or how you can ctrl / shift click an LFO point in one shot mode in Serum to make the LFO continuously loop from that point to the end of the modulation over & over again in note retrigger mode.

I am also struggling to get the most out of the Note (key tracking) modulation source. It would be great if it had an editable response curve (like in Xfer Serum). For example, making low octave notes much more responsive than modulation changes on higher notes. This would make the Note mod source a lot better for tasks such as speeding up an LFO as you play higher notes in the low bass octaves to achieve that classic sampled reese effect.

If anyone knows if these are already possible, please share your expertise. These are literally the only features that keep me coming back to Zebra, FM8 or Serum. With these additions I would probably use Phaseplant for everything, I would normally load up these other synths for.

LolHens
KVRer
1 posts since 14 Feb, 2020

Re: Feature request - Phaseplant LFO / envelope loop points

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:19 pm

Hi! I have also thought about the editable response curve but for the velocity utility. I thought about just using an LFO and modulating the phase to get some sort of curve function tool. This could work if we could set the LFO frequency to 0 Hz (Maybe in a future version that could at least be set by entering it manually). Maybe this is relatively easy to implement...

Return to “kiloHearts”