ONE is great!

Official support for: kilohearts.com
Dentoid
KVRist
161 posts since 9 May, 2011

Post Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:19 am

manducator wrote:Ok thanks, I know enough, payment done and software received!
Thank you very much! Enjoy! :)
kiloHearts Developer

Goratrix
KVRist
224 posts since 17 Apr, 2008

Post Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:32 am

You are aware that there is already a VSTI named One (http://www.fabfilter.com/products/one.php) on the market, are you?

Dentoid
KVRist

Post Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:46 am

Goratrix wrote:You are aware that there is already a VSTI named One (http://www.fabfilter.com/products/one.php) on the market, are you?
Lucky ours is called "kHs ONE" then. ;)
Honestly I hadn't noticed, and there seems to be more than that is called just "One", and a couple that are closeby. I hope and believe that really won't be a problem.
kiloHearts Developer

grymmjack
KVRAF
8496 posts since 7 Apr, 2003

Post Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:40 am

manducator wrote:I have been playing with the demo and I like what I hear but to be honest, what refrains me from buying it, is the cpu-load. Some patches reaches almost 20% and my 2 gb ram dualcore...
Which patches? I've had it peak at 10% which is pretty average. I run at a 5ms 256sample buffer, if I increase that to say 10ms, it drops down to around 6%.

manducator
KVRAF
1827 posts since 10 Feb, 2007

Post Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:22 am

grymmjack wrote:Which patches? I've had it peak at 10% which is pretty average. I run at a 5ms 256sample buffer, if I increase that to say 10ms, it drops down to around 6%.
manducator wrote:CataGooya

quickmix
KVRer
29 posts since 22 Aug, 2004

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:14 pm

Bought One today (qmixmail). It's a great synth. Keep up the good work!
macOS Sierra 10.2| Logic Pro x 10.2.4 | Komplete Kontrol | Maschine Jam | Maschine Mikro

finalman
KVRer
24 posts since 27 Jun, 2011 from Sweden

Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:01 am

Thank you, quickmix. I hope it will serve you well :)
kiloHearts Developer

st0w
KVRer
16 posts since 5 Aug, 2011

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:14 am

Downloaded the demo. First impression upon loading the plugin: I love the visual appearance! Straightforward, elegant design is always a huge win in my book. The color choices are incredibly easy on the eyes, very visually appealing, and yet still allow you to quickly find what you're looking for. The subtle arrows indicating signal flow path are also a very welcome touch. The design makes it very easy to start working with it right away, without having to "learn" some funky new interface. I can't express how incredibly well designed I feel the UI is - the subtle complete/broken lines to indicate which elements work together or are separate.. it's clear you all put a lot of thought into how this is laid out.

And then the sound.. excellent! While it's been said that there is nothing "revolutionary" about kHs ONE, and I would agree there aren't any ground-breaking new synthesis techniques, the sound that it creates is both inspiring and rich. It is reminiscent of the Nord approach - do something simple, but do it excellently, and do it with style. And with the summer intro discount, I bought it. And laughed at the authorization sound that made me feel like I was back on my old NES.

But my thoughts may be a bit biased - at $49, I feel like I just robbed a music shop at gunpoint. And it feels great! Thanks for a great deal on what I suspect will become one of my go-to synths for straightforward, quality sound design. :)

Dentoid
KVRist

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:41 am

Thank you st0w! It's really heartwarming to hear that people notice the efforts we put into making kHs ONE! You nailed a lot of things that we've aimed to make people feel about it when they use it, so we're very happy that's something we've succeeded in.

In general we're really happy about all the great feedback we've gotten from our users. It's what keeps us going. :)
kiloHearts Developer

manducator
KVRAF
1827 posts since 10 Feb, 2007

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:34 pm

Yeah it's a great little synth.

Maybe it isn't revolutionary but it has a logic layout and this will become my go-to subtractive synth.

The manual is a great addition too.

This is a very good synth to learn about subtractive synthesis.

fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
12030 posts since 5 Jun, 2012 from Portugal

Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:00 pm

Sounds pretty good, cleaner than Dune, which I also tested today and kind of disappointed me. The sound character is quite different of course. Basically I am looking for a synth that finally has no noise on chords in the 5th octave upwards. Some synths sound great, even bombastic at first, but on good headphones one can usually detect some ugly noise.
The design is also nice, no tiny letters to decipher...

The only thing that takes some getting used to is the layout of the center panel between the oscillators and the effects panels...

It's definitely on my short list :)

Dentoid
KVRist

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:54 pm

fluffy_little_something wrote:Sounds pretty good, cleaner than Dune, which I also tested today and kind of disappointed me. The sound character is quite different of course. Basically I am looking for a synth that finally has no noise on chords in the 5th octave upwards. Some synths sound great, even bombastic at first, but on good headphones one can usually detect some ugly noise.

The only thing that takes some getting used to is the layout of the center panel between the oscillators and the effects panels...

Glad to hear it! Tell us if anything is unclear and needs explaining. :)
kiloHearts Developer

ksandvik
KVRian
575 posts since 26 Aug, 2005 from North California

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:00 pm

Confusing name, people will associate it with Apogee ONE and vice versa. Your SEO will be bad and so on.
Last edited by ksandvik on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
12030 posts since 5 Jun, 2012 from Portugal

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:30 pm

Dentoid wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Sounds pretty good, cleaner than Dune, which I also tested today and kind of disappointed me. The sound character is quite different of course. Basically I am looking for a synth that finally has no noise on chords in the 5th octave upwards. Some synths sound great, even bombastic at first, but on good headphones one can usually detect some ugly noise.

Glad to hear it! Tell us if anything is unclear and needs explaining. :)
Why are there no demo tunes on your site? The player is there, but empty...

As far as the synth itself, everything is pretty clear, will do more thorough testing later this week. Living in a piigs country, I will have to wait till the next promotion, anyway 8) :roll:

Dentoid
KVRist

Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:52 am

ksandvik wrote:Confusing name, people will associate it with Apogee ONE and vice versa. Your SEO will be bad and so on.
There are a couple of other products also called something with "one", like FabFilter One. Haven't actually seen Apogee One come up before though. :) The actual product name is "kHs ONE", but people may miss the "kHs" part. Either way, you're right that the name is a bit generic which may or may not have an effect, but at this point it's not going to change and I guess we'll have to live with it. :)
kiloHearts Developer

Return to “kiloHearts”