CC123 Messages to VirtualCZ Causing Odd Undo History Messages

Official support for: olilarkin.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!

Super happy with the sounds of VirtualCZ! Unfortunately, I think I may have stumbled upon a little bug.

System:
Mac OSX 10.12.6
Reaper 5.70 x64
VirtualCZ 1.02 x64 AU

VirtualCZ was filling up my undo history with Parameter adjustments that I wasn't making every time I sent a CC-123 message on all channels to stop my hardware synths so I did some poking around. It looks like if you send CC123 messages to VirtualCZ it will (for whatever reason) send a message to the DAW that the user has moved a knob in VirtualCZ and create a lot of strange entries in the DAW's Undo History (at least in the case of REAPER).

Noticed the following things:

1. Spamming CC123 Data to VirtualCZ causes it to report a single parameter adjustment. It seems if you keep spamming the CC123 messages, it still only reports one.

2. Opening the GUI of another plugin on the same Track as VirtualCZ in Reaper sort of "resets" it and allows me to spam CC123 data again and cause another false-parameter-adjustment

I created a small project file where you can test this using the mod-wheel. Because Reaper's trial version isn't handicapped, this problem is observable with the unlicensed version from http://reaper.fm/download.php

Last but not least all this behavior can be observed in this screencap:

thanks for the bug report, I think I know why this is happening. it's on the list and I'll address it for the next version

If it helps troubleshooting at all I also noticed VirtualCZ 1.0.2 AU version does this in Studio One without any special messages being sent. It just adds a bunch of ghost parameter edits to the undo history while running. the VST3 version does not do this.

Return to “Oli Larkin Plugins”