Can we get a like button here?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

meh
meh.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by farlukar on Thu May 21, 2020 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farlukar wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:01 pm meh
meh.png
That thread does not exist. Please create one so we can vote your post in the affirmative or negative only.

As it is currently implemented, I don't see a lot of value in the like feature.

It could have more value though if it actually stated who liked or disliked the post. This could be done by hovering the mouse cursor over the up or down icons in a popup.

Or in other communities it is hidden but controls what posts are shown first based on like count. I'm not sure I value that method as it tends to instigate mob rule in communities and hivemind thinking.

Though I think it would be useful for it to show who liked or disliked the post in some manner.

In general online I use these features because I like the post, do not like the post, or sometimes simply as an acknowledgement that I read a post (so I don't have to type out an actual message).

vurt wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:17 pm
Hink wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:16 am if a grudge was meant to be held it would have a handle
you can get a little grudge case to keep it in :)
seriously, that's just wasting money and if you want to go out of your way to hold a grudge so be it (but I know better :hihi: )...I'm not going to waste time, energy or anything else on something as useless and counterproductive as a grudge against another person...and ftr I have lived by that statement for at least 40 years...life's too short and the world is too big for me to worry about a grudge... :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

btw if it were up to me I would make the like/dislike bar an option like seeing signatures
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:56 pm
Hink wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:16 am if a grudge was meant to be held it would have a handle
seriously, that's just wasting money and if you want to go out of your way to hold a grudge so be it (but I know better :hihi: )...I'm not going to waste time, energy or anything else on something as useless and counterproductive as a grudge against another person...and ftr I have lived by that statement for at least 40 years...life's too short and the world is too big for me to worry about a grudge... :)
do i step on your brownie business?
ok thats different, you use your product, i just sell them man. gotta make a buck somehow in these trying times.
if i can sell a few grudge holders to those that require them, then thats just business :)

:hihi:

vurt wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:28 pm
Hink wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:56 pm
do i step on your brownie business?
ok thats different, you use your product, i just sell them man. gotta make a buck somehow in these trying times.
if i can sell a few grudge holders to those that require them, then thats just business :)

If you were to market something like a mug, as a grudge holder...

I'd imagine it would read the following on the outside:

NOBODY GIVES A f**k
(EXCEPT MAYBE YOUR MOMMA)

I think I'd buy that for someone!

DILLIGAF

VitaminD wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:35 pm It could have more value though if it actually stated who liked or disliked the post. This could be done by hovering the mouse cursor over the up or down icons in a popup.
Michael L likes this post by VitaminD
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

VitaminD wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:35 pm I think it would be useful for it to show who liked or disliked the post in some manner.
Or it could be randomized to confuse you and wean you off valuing yourself according to other people's pleasure/displeasure.

Erisian wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:53 pm
VitaminD wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:35 pm I think it would be useful for it to show who liked or disliked the post in some manner.
Or it could be randomized to confuse you and wean you off valuing yourself according to other people's pleasure/displeasure.
You've made a false assumption that I am valuing myself according to one's pleasure or displeasure.

You've also failed to consider there are other options from which to consider. Other options such as getting to understand the other members here. Also, as I already mentioned before, using it as a means to acknowledge a post without having to fill a thread with another low value message of 'I agree' or 'cool.' That keeps threads more information rich without having to scroll through more textual emotes or short quips (in theory).

nm
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

My father took me fishing the once, when he was friendly towards the sports writer for the main newspaper, an avid fisherman. Unspeakably tedious and uninteresting. I would fish if I had to in order to eat.

To like, or not to like...
Is that even a question?

[edit] experiment succeeded. This post was disliked within a minute as well.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “Site Stuff”