A wiki bug

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I noticed last night that when you change the title of an entry, you become the sole listed author of the content. I revised DSP (Digital Signal Processing) to Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and removed all other author listings. (and really, now I think of it, it should be one entry for Digital Signal Processing and second for DSP that points to Digital Signal Processing).

I think its worthwhile having a breakdown of all acronyms where the full term is in common use.

I'd suggest that the acronym basically gets a stub saying eg

DSP : acronym for [Digital Signal Processor] or [Digital Signal Processing]

with separate entries giving the full explanation for each of the two meanings...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Aye.

Okay, Ive tried that for 'DAW', does it work out okay?

Check out the way Ben set up DSP. The acronym just forwards to the main entry. That's probably the simplest and easiest way.

shamann wrote:Check out the way Ben set up DSP. The acronym just forwards to the main entry. That's probably the simplest and easiest way.
Yeah, but the problem is DSP stands for two slightly different things.

I suppose you are right. I guess disambiguation pages like this one for DSP in Wikipedia are the only other way to go.

I changed the text of the full DAW entry to match the full DSP entry. What I'm not sure I like is the auto redirects on AU and DSP to Audio Unit and Digital Signal Processing. I think I prefer the stub and link.

Yeah, possibly...

hmmm. Buggery bug.

Regarding the auto-forward vs stub and link, I have no preference. I guess the stub is politer, and is essential for those with multiple meanings such as DSP and AU (Audio Unit and .au sample format).

Talking of AU, I see we have an inconsistency. All other plug-in formats go to the Acronym version of the format, except AU which goes to Audio Units... what to do... decisions ;)

DELETED

I like the stubs, too.

I've updated AU to use a stub

http://www.kvraudio.com/wiki/?id=AU

DELETED

Return to “Site Stuff”