Could the MUSIC THEORY forum change name or position?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know this isn't very important or a really big issue, but I am sufficiently annoyed to post this, and I'm just going to assume I'm not all alone in this:

At least 1 of 4 times I want to go browse the MUSIC CAFE, I inadvertently click the MUSIC THEORY link instead. I don't mind the theory forum, I think it was a good idea and all that, and it has moved some regular questions and discussions to its own rightful place.

But I keep clicking it when I want to go to the cafe, over and over and over again.

I know I chould practice precision clicking or maybe get used to reading links twice before clicking them, but years of clicking the MUSIC CAFE link has conditioned me. I keep doing it. It says MUSIC, so I click it. And then I'm looking like a stoner at at the wrong page for a few seconds before backing up to get it right...

Would it be possible to maybe put a couple of other forums between the Music theory and Music cafe, so I don't get the wrong one so often?

Pretty please?
Rakkervoksen

I just got fired and you don't see me complaining.........

I agree. I am not really interested in the Music Theory forum. Maybe it would be useful to let users select forums to hide from the forum lists?
Might be a lot of effort though...
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Hovmod wrote:I know this isn't very important or a really big issue, but I am sufficiently annoyed to post this, and I'm just going to assume I'm not all alone in this:

At least 1 of 4 times I want to go browse the MUSIC CAFE, I inadvertently click the MUSIC THEORY link instead. I don't mind the theory forum, I think it was a good idea and all that, and it has moved some regular questions and discussions to its own rightful place.

But I keep clicking it when I want to go to the cafe, over and over and over again.

I know I chould practice precision clicking or maybe get used to reading links twice before clicking them, but years of clicking the MUSIC CAFE link has conditioned me. I keep doing it. It says MUSIC, so I click it. And then I'm looking like a stoner at at the wrong page for a few seconds before backing up to get it right...

Would it be possible to maybe put a couple of other forums between the Music theory and Music cafe, so I don't get the wrong one so often?

Pretty please?
Hey mate -- I ran into the same prollem a while back and now I have put a shortcut bar at the top of my browser (FFox) that links to: 'My Latest Posts" (under your logon ID top right). Now I automatically go to where I wanna be instantly and no more worries. ;)

I was just moaning about this very thing! :tantrum:

KVRmarks run tings....

lol what I thought the other day :lol:

- Theory
- Chords, Scales and Composition

- Music Theory - Scales, Modes, Octaves

this last one is a hybrid solution - retaining the unbeatable clarity of the name "Music Theory" while making it look different enough from "Music Cafe".

Marco :clown:

Haha, just practice the click and stop whining ;)
KVRmarks are cool too.

you lot need to spend some time worrying about some far more important issues

have you seen how many stickys are in the cafe :tantrum:

..I'd use KVRMarks as well - that way you go straight there..

For old time's sake you could put the Theory forum in your marks, and misclick that as well ;)

DSP

hibidy wrote:I just got fired and you don't see me complaining.........

:hihi:

Yea, just "theory" would suffice

Erm, as vurt said. Really.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

I keep doing it.
Rakkervoksen

Rename it to Mjuzeek Theory, problem solved.

Return to “Site Stuff”