general Music Cafe discussion thread

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thecontrolcentre wrote: A PM to a mod would have been enough, rather than suggesting a ton of new rules to deal with one 'rogue' poster.
Again the mod said the poster had not broken any rules so we had to deal with a week of chaos until the poster did something actionable like making threats against multiple people.

Do we have to wait until the house burns down or can we install a smoke detector and prevent the disaster next time? Not the best analogy but you know what I mean.

thecontrolcentre wrote:A PM to a mod would have been enough, rather than suggesting a ton of new rules to deal with one 'rogue' poster.
It would. Instead, the multiple crossposts and repetitions were ultimately a provocation. Deliberate or not, i cant say, but he certainly appears to have gotten what he wanted out of it, and I certainly feel the blame for the escalation and the result is shared.

edit : for grammer
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Sun May 20, 2018 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Was it a full week? I only noticed a couple of days ago ... and Hink has dealt with it.

Frantz wrote:Again the mod said the poster had not broken any rules so we had to create a week of chaos until the poster did something actionable like making threats against multiple people.
FTFY

thecontrolcentre wrote:Was it a full week? I only noticed a couple of days ago ... and Hink has dealt with it.
The commotion kicked in on Tuesday so it has not been a full week.

Frantz wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Was it a full week? I only noticed a couple of days ago ... and Hink has dealt with it.
The commotion kicked in on Tuesday so it has not been a full week.
I wonder who was responsible for kicking it in.

That person who didnt post at all that day?

whyterabbyt wrote:...
Please calm down.

Last edited by elassi on Sun May 20, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elassi wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:...
Please calm down.
Please stop projecting.

I think we've reached the point where we're repeating ourselves.

Start a poll asking whether the Music Cafe needs defined regulation or not. Then you'll have a clearer idea as to what is wanted.

EDIT: I'm out of this.

Unaspected wrote: Start a poll asking whether the Music Cafe needs defined regulation or not. Then you'll have a clearer idea as to what is wanted.
I thought about it but I am pretty sure the answer would be "no" based on the feedback so far. So rather than creating more discussion and drama in yet another thread, I am happy to leave things as they are.

Return to “Site Stuff”