Can we get a like button here?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:57 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:55 pm most of us have flown the kessel run a few times.
we do have some naive farm boys onboard.
Maybe the feature can be turned off on the threads of the padawans.
Again, removing the dislike option resolves these potential issues :shrug:

vurt wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:55 pm most of us have flown the kessel run a few times.
at the least, if the system allows it, remove it from the cafe.
its useless whether you can take the dislikes or not, if you have an actual issue with the track, tell me, then i can either learn from it or explain why ive chosen a particular effect...

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:00 pm
:tu:

This is true but it’s also a good way to signal to somebody they’re being a twat. Some people don’t like confrontation.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

The clear answer is to remove the like button and keep only the dislikes. Then show a counter on people's profile showing how many dislikes they got :x anarchy 2020
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:03 pm
This is true but it’s also a good way to signal to somebody they’re being a twat. Some people don’t like confrontation.
The 'advantage' of giving those who want to insult others' without having to pay the consequences of doing so seem to be far outweighed by the disadvantages. Personally, I think that negative opinion is best served with a side of explanation, whereas liking something doesn't need the same qualification.
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ok, fair enough.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:12 pm Ok, fair enough.
+1 :wink:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:14 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:12 pm Ok, fair enough.
+1 :wink:
Any idea who disliked this?

:hihi:

Methinks people are abusing the system... :hihi:

Can we dislike someone if their comments are boring?

All this software, and no taste sensations are aggravating....
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

TMI... :scared:

Instead of Thumb Buttons could I get a Fist Button that every time I click it the person making the post gets a punch in the head? Now that's progress. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

What if I want to simultaneously thumbs up *and* thumbs down a post? The system doesn't allow it.
A well-behaved signature.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:55 am
AnX wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:29 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:58 am
highkoo wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:00 am Go read the first couple OP in this thread.
I cant believe this is real.
What are humans.
Given that was me I’d like to hear more of your thoughts then.

How does “liking” ones comment about a friend buying a new synth make either of us not human? Should I instead a) ignore that post (seems a bit rude); b) reply with a smily (in which case you then immediately have a full page of stupid emojis); or c) simply click the like button.

Honestly if anybody is sitting behind their keyboard wanking themselves dry over their like count then I’m completely lost for words.

I can see how this is possible with teens focused on attention and self-worth (ie Facebook) but I think we’re a little more mature here right? Look at GS which is the same industry/hobby and same demographic, it works very well there.

how does it benefit kvr or its users?

oh look, 8 ppl liked that post.... and?
oh look, 8 ppl didn't like that post.... and?
can ppl not read a post and then comment or ignore?

just adds to the wash of the anonymous bullying/trolling culture
Let me give a live example.

Somebody was recently sick in the pissed off thread and another member replied saying they hope they get better.

I could either not say anything (despite wishing them well), reply with a smily (hate them with a passion) or reply with a +1 which just pollutes the thread unnecessarily.

Well, from your perspective, I am realizing that the concerns around this equate to 'this is why we cant have nice things', and youd be right. You are a nice person. You want this function for intensely nice and polite reasons. That is hard to argue against. Please dont misunderstand; Im saying that posting sickness updates and well wishes is a supremely human thing to do.
And admittedly, from my perspective, it is a lil weird.
Thats fine, but, now the humans wants a system that will really only allow the humans some lazy warm feelings, ignoring the mountain of awful feelings the system will generate.

I guess i.e., my opinion would be that precise 'thread pollution' of this type is really no problem, and is infinitely more valuable and appreciated than 'lazy tidy anonymous judgement'.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Site Stuff”