Can we get a like button here?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

revvy wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:43 am One potential positive is that people who just MUST respond to shit posting can now just leave a down vote and move on. Could actually lead to less negativity in terms of discussion.
Ha ha ha ha ha :lol:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

experimental.crow wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:27 pm'twas not hibidy ...
hibidy doesn't deserve credit for anything other than being a pain in the hole.
M4M confused a complaint about him hogging the Music Café front page with an attack on him and his music, and used a bunch of typos to do so.

experimental.crow wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:27 pm
V0RT3X wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:42 am
vurt wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:30 am
V0RT3X wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:12 pm
farlukar wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:40 pm
Forgotten wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:45 pmif they get thumbs down from <insert name of group that allegedly targets them here>.
… form the experimental crow?
is experimental crow a group?

I thought he was just a weirdo with multiple personalities. :shrug:

That makes more sense.
:o rude!
ive actually met him, lovely bloke 8)
no multiple personalities, just a fresh coat of paint.

it came from random "genre" names.
then i think hibidy tried to accuse a group of experimental musicians where out to get him, the experimental crew i think he meant to type, but crow was his typo...

i miss the old kvr :(
I said it with the best intentions, i most of us experimental types don't mind being called weird.

Ok i get it now. Yah that hibidy was a real trouble maker eh. :hihi:

I kind of miss the old KVR too.
'twas not hibidy ...
tip o' the hat to farlukar , for a masterful use of KvR history ...
my memory for some reason, has gaps...
:hihi:

vurt wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:13 pm
experimental.crow wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:27 pm
V0RT3X wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:42 am
vurt wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:30 am
V0RT3X wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:12 pm
farlukar wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:40 pm … form the experimental crow?
is experimental crow a group?

I thought he was just a weirdo with multiple personalities. :shrug:

That makes more sense.
:o rude!
ive actually met him, lovely bloke 8)
no multiple personalities, just a fresh coat of paint.

it came from random "genre" names.
then i think hibidy tried to accuse a group of experimental musicians where out to get him, the experimental crew i think he meant to type, but crow was his typo...

i miss the old kvr :(
I said it with the best intentions, i most of us experimental types don't mind being called weird.

Ok i get it now. Yah that hibidy was a real trouble maker eh. :hihi:

I kind of miss the old KVR too.
'twas not hibidy ...
tip o' the hat to farlukar , for a masterful use of KvR history ...
my memory for some reason gasps
:hihi:
ftfy
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

farlukar wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:55 pm
experimental.crow wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:27 pm'twas not hibidy ...
hibidy doesn't deserve credit for anything other than being a pain in the hole.
M4M confused a complaint about him hogging the Music Café front page with an attack on him and his music, and used a bunch of typos to do so.
:clap: :clap: Great 'Origins' story :clap: :clap:

While upvoting seems to be a ok implementation (not sure if needed, but it doesn't hurt), I don't see much good in the downvoting, as it could be abused by trolls.

SiliconDeath wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:54 pm While upvoting seems to be a ok implementation (not sure if needed, but it doesn't hurt), I don't see much good in the downvoting, as it could be abused by trolls.
It serves a purpose. I'm downvoting every numpty who asks what we think of a plugin or which one they should buy.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:57 pm
SiliconDeath wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:54 pm While upvoting seems to be a ok implementation (not sure if needed, but it doesn't hurt), I don't see much good in the downvoting, as it could be abused by trolls.
It serves a purpose. I'm downvoting every numpty who asks what we think of a plugin or which one they should buy.
I’m just downvoting all your posts because it’s funny... :hihi:

Forgotten wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:04 pm
:vurt liked this post:

Forgotten wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:04 pm
:lol: :party:

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:57 pmIt serves a purpose. I'm downvoting every numpty who asks what we think of a plugin or which one they should buy.
The thread in which I asked (bargains) is specifically for that purpose :dog:

SiliconDeath wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:19 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:57 pmIt serves a purpose. I'm downvoting every numpty who asks what we think of a plugin or which one they should buy.
That thread is for downvoting numpties? I never knew...

SiliconDeath wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:19 pm
Oh it was you, I didn't even realise. And no, not really. That thread is to ask if you know where plugins are for sale, if it's the lowest price, etc. Asking what plugin to buy is frankly idiotic when there are demos available. Just because a few of us like the Shadowhills comp it doesn't mean you will also. Besides how do we know your needs and preferences, what you already have etc.

Also, just for transparency the downvote on your recent post here wasn't me.

May I kindly ask what you think is a good thread here for plugin recommendations then?

chk071 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:28 pm
May I kindly ask what you think is a good thread here for plugin recommendations then?
Plugin recommendations by way of shortlisting and identifying ones you'd never heard of would be any thread on this site. Then once you have a shortlist go to YouTube and/or demo.

Asking which plugins to buy from a single developer is just idiotic. They're there, listed on the page and even categorised. Do I want a compressor? Ok, open the dynamics page and then demo the ones that are interesting.

Otherwise, what's the alternative? Dear Mushy, you recommended I buy SPL Iron and I don't like it.
:?:

That's your problem, why listen to a random on the internet? Instead make a decision for yourself. All the info is out there.

Return to “Site Stuff”