Can we get a like button here?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Freedom of speech is not a fundamental human right, it is a privilege that is only appropriate for those who first have respect for those they are interacting with.

[ insert obligatory xkcd comic here ]

vurt wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:44 pmnice hats.
i like the undies. is that you on the far right?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:08 pm
vurt wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:44 pmnice hats.
i like the undies. is that you on the far right?
cheeky! thats me in the bowler :x

enCiphered wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:21 pm Freedom speech is a fundamental human right. As is the right to like or dislike someone's post. I think this was a really cool move from KVR administration and shouldn't be changed. I don't care if someone is down voting my post but he or she has every right to do it.
Who has asserted rights or no rights here? :roll:

Freedom of Speech is a concept of a right to dissent that a government shan’t take away. It applies to essentially the public square; OTOH you may be bounced from a bar for fighting or disrupting the other customer’s peaceful enjoyment of the premises.

“a fundamental human right”. Sure, Hitler had every “right“ to incite violence against a whole race; it’s speech, so it’s A-OK. No one should have a thing to say about stopping it.

Pretty thought-free post, there, isn’t it.

telecode wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:38 pm nope. only hate buttons allowed. KVR is where you come to bitch and complain and get deelz...
Speak for yourself.

vurt wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:02 pm
vurt wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:00 pm
vurt wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:56 pm going fishing...
3 mins! :lol:
quicker! 1 min!
Yours is slow on the uptake

jancivil wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:35 pm
enCiphered wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:21 pm Freedom speech is a fundamental human right. As is the right to like or dislike someone's post. I think this was a really cool move from KVR administration and shouldn't be changed. I don't care if someone is down voting my post but he or she has every right to do it.
Who has asserted rights or no rights here? :roll:

Freedom of Speech is a concept of a right to dissent that a government shan’t take away. It applies to essentially the public square; OTOH you may be bounced from a bar for fighting or disrupting the other customer’s peaceful enjoyment of the premises.

“a fundamental human right”. Sure, Hitler had every “right“ to incite violence against a whole race; it’s speech, so it’s A-OK. No one should have a thing to say about stopping it.

Pretty thought-free post, there, isn’t it.
Actually freedom of speech does not exist on the Internet. It's a medium that inherently censors on it's own. Go ahead and try to raise the awareness level of an unpopular view point. Try to go online and popularize pro-China in USA. you will get shut down. The same applies in China. Someone over there would get shutdown trying to popularize pro USA view. it is what it is.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Vortifex wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:21 am
BONES wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:48 am It does my head in that people can only look at this in one way. To me, a like or dislike count tells anyone who reads a post whether or not people agree with it.
All it tells is that some anonymous person clicked the button for reasons unknown. You get forum 'mates' liking each other's posts irrespective of the content, and you get people with grudges and people with multiple accounts (of which there are some on here) disliking posts just because of who posted them, or to try and make the posters think their opinion is more unpopular than it really is.

I've seen two forums implement this function and then relent by removing the dislike button, because each time it was very unpopular and people took advantage of the anonymity to abuse it.

Gearslutz got it right: only have a like button, and show the names of people who clicked it.
I agree. To think that it simply signals agreement with a post doesn’t think it through, or fails to account for human nature. The abuse is people signaling their dislike of the person.

BONES wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:48 am Exactly. An excellent illustration of the value of such a system. If people want to be dicks about it and abuse the system, and you can bet there will be those who do, that's their problem and they are easily ignored.
chk071 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:30 pmI'm not totally against such a system, even though I would only implement a like, not a dislike button.
I'd be the opposite. A dislike button saves me a lot of time explaining to people why they are such idiots.
We could have a large thumbs down emoji that is automatically added to any post that insults people by calling them an idiot or a dick or thick or stupid. AWESOME IDEA!

I'm waiting for a downloadable extension that kicks you in the balls anytime you say something unpopular.
A well-behaved signature.

A dislike button stands in for explaining to people that...

Yeah when that’s really about the size of your argument I guess it does. :lol:

Can mods see the names of the likes/dislikes? Surely they can. If not that would be a good start.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:49 pm Can mods see the names of the likes/dislikes? Surely they can. If not that would be a good start.
not sure its worth policing it, if someone is going to follow someone around downvoting everything, i think life has already punished them enough :shrug:

vurt wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:52 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:49 pm Can mods see the names of the likes/dislikes? Surely they can. If not that would be a good start.
not sure its worth policing it, if someone is going to follow someone around downvoting everything, i think life has already punished them enough :shrug:
This is true. I have a theory on Jan's "fan".
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Site Stuff”