Thread Title Fonts Screwed Up

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:46 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:40 pm Obviously, everybody has different problems but for me it's very simple and consistent. Any thread that has more than one page has the problem.
I assume that you're not the only Chrome user at KVR. I wonder why no one else has reported the same issue ?

Maybe it's down to resolution/screen size ?

Confirming same issue (Mac Chrome). Most people probably thought it was an obvious issue that would get fixed in time.

Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:59 pm Ok that wasn't the question I'm just trying to help you and trying to help figure out what's going on here.

What resolution and screen size are you using ?

Am I correct in saying that everything displays fine for you in Firefox ?
1280 x 1024

Yes, Firefox is fine.

db3 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:22 pm
Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:46 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:40 pm Obviously, everybody has different problems but for me it's very simple and consistent. Any thread that has more than one page has the problem.
I assume that you're not the only Chrome user at KVR. I wonder why no one else has reported the same issue ?

Maybe it's down to resolution/screen size ?

Confirming same issue (Mac Chrome). Most people probably thought it was an obvious issue that would get fixed in time.
If I'm not completely wrong, it was fixed for some time... I had the same issues about 2 years ago. Either that, or I just didn't notice/ran into it it in the meantime.

I get the same thing if I set my Chrome window really small:

messedup.jpg

So I guess this only happens in Chrome using a small window (or on a low resolution screen).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm running Chrome full screen on 21.5-inch 4096 x 2304.
Screenshot 2021-03-19 at 20.29.50.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by db3 on Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:07 pm Did you ever build a website?
Did you build this website ?

The question still remains was it a change in KVR or a change in Chrome and Chromium that caused the issue ?

I don't think either one of us is qualified to say....... :wink:

All we can do is try to help figure out what's going on. If it was a change at KVR then it stands to reason changing it back should solve the issue.

If it's an issue with a Chrome update then the fix may not be so easy.

At any rate simply running Firefox solves the issue even if you only use it for KVR at least until (if) a fix is implemented.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

db3 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:22 pm I'm running Chrome full screen on 21.5-inch 4096 x 2304.
Have you always experienced this issue or is it recent ? If if just started was there a recent update to Chrome ?

Looks like there was an important update March 3rd:

https://threatpost.com/google-patches-a ... er/164468/

and another security issue in February:

https://www.techradar.com/news/google-c ... rity-issue
Last edited by Teksonik on Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

it's like that on edge, has been since the last edge update.
so i assume, at least in the case of edge, it was the update of the browser.
unless there was some change at a coincidentally suspicious moment here :o

Edge is now Chromium based so that's a clue.

Making the change mentioned on the last page fixed the issue in Edge here. I never use Edge but I don't think it can be uninstalled any longer.

vurt wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:35 pm it's like that on edge, has been since the last edge update.
so i assume, at least in the case of edge, it was the update of the browser.
unless there was some change at a coincidentally suspicious moment here :o
I agree. It happened to me after my last Windows 10 update. Too much of a coincidence.

db3 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:22 pm I'm running Chrome full screen on 21.5-inch retina (4096 x 2304).
There are 2 different issues here:
- The "About:" issue which can be disabled in the forum preferences
- The low resolution issue for which the only solution is to buy a new monitor.
wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:23 pm 1280 x 1024
To be honest, 1280x1024 is a resolution from the Windows 98/XP era. You can't expect websites to be compatible with it in 2021. I can't even imagine working in a DAW at such a low resolution.
It's like people sticking to Windows XP and then complain because none of the latest plugins are compatible with it.

For $100 you can buy a full HD (1920x1080) screen these days, that's less than most VST plugins.

Reefius wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:39 pm
db3 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:22 pm I'm running Chrome full screen on 21.5-inch retina (4096 x 2304).
To be honest, 1280x1024 is a resolution that was current 20 years ago. You can't expect websites to be compatible with it in 2021. I can't even imagine working in a DAW at such a low resolution.
It's like people sticking to Windows XP and then complain because none of the latest plugins are compatible with it.

For $100 you can buy a full HD (1920x1080) screen these days, that's less than most VST plugins.
I like the way people talk about large amounts of money as if its nothing. It shows how out of touch with reality you are that you assume everybody can just dip their hands in their pockets and find enough cash for all the latest gizmos, as you obviously can.

Woot? :lol:

You may want to take a look at wagtunes' portfolio...

Erisian wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:49 pm I like the way people talk about large amounts of money as if its nothing. It shows how out of touch with reality you are that you assume everybody can just dip their hands in their pockets and find enough cash for all the latest gizmos, as you obviously can.
We're talking about wags here, who spends thousands of dollars a year on plugins :hihi:

And I'm absolutely not out of touch with reality, I have a normal day job and have worked hard for everything I own. If I could buy everything I wanted I would have a studio full of expensive hardware synths :party:
Last edited by Reefius on Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reefius wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:39 pm
To be honest, 1280x1024 is a resolution from the Windows 98/XP era. You can't expect websites to be compatible with it in 2021. I can't even imagine working in a DAW at such a low resolution.

Um, excuse me, the guy's running 4096 x 2304 and HE HAS THE SAME PROBLEM.

Sheesh.

Return to “Site Stuff”