Why have I been banned from HPC?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why have I been banned from HPC? I haven't posted there in a while and haven't posted anything vaguely controversial there for ages.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Perhaps you've been too modest and polite... Just a guess...

martinjuenke wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:17 am Perhaps you've been too modest and polite... Just a guess...
Mate, I expect a pile on, all good, but I have not written anything controversial in HPC for well over a year. It's not due to my HPC behaviour, that's for sure.

Also I may sometimes be rude but immodest? You got me confused with someone else?
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Revvy wrote:Why have I been banned from HPC?
Asking why never results in an answer is my experience, especially when asked in public.

[pedantic]
Maybe the question behind the question is : Why am I still banned from HPC since you probably do know blobby well why you were banned well over a year ago (just a few months after you joined?)
[/pedantic]

But since you're locked out of there, I'll do you a small favour and fully quote:
HPC - Rules wrote: This forum is for discussing Off Topic subjects that are too hot to handle in the relatively civilised world of Off Topic, i.e. they will cause controversy and result in heated arguments/flames, namely Politics, Religion, Race, our ancestors history, etc.

We would rather you didn't discuss such issues here as there are plenty of other places on the Net that provide outlets for such discussions, but, nice people that we are, we give you this little corner of KVR to talk bollocks in.

Please bear in mind that this does not give you free reign to post whatever offensive, bigoted nonsense you want, it will still be moderated and if any moderator feels that anyone is particularly out of line posts/threads will be deleted and people will be warned/banned. This will be judged on a thread by thread basis, and will depend on the mood of the moderator -- some days you just think ENOUGH OF THIS BOLLOCKS and hit delete... this is one of the risks you will have to live with if you post in HPC :hihi:

As this forum (HPC) adds no value to KVR's reason for being, the threads will be pruned regularly --- any posts older than 7 days will be toast.

... You could always talk about whatever is on your mind here instead ...

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum
www.itsallpolitics.com
www.theworldforum.org
The part in bold+italic is my emphasys.

According to unwritten rules you can get a warning, or a temporary ban, or a permanent ban, and some get the special treatment of a HPC ban. Count yourself lucky you're not permanently banned.

If you seek arbitration, I'd advice you to contact a moderator or follow this procedure:
KVR Extended FAQ & Rules wrote: General Forum Rules
[...]
5. If a thread is locked or deleted this happened for good reason so don't start another thread demanding to know why the first thread was locked/deleted as that too will also be locked/deleted - if you wish to complain about such an incident please contact us privately.
To show I have no hard feelings towards you. I'll do you another small favour and show you the full list of HPC topics:

* Coronavirus / Covid-19 (618 pages)
* what are you thinking? the ones i can't put in the other off topic (2 pages)
* Lame Confessions (5 pages)
Last edited by BertKoor on Fri May 28, 2021 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:01 am

[pedantic]
Maybe the question behind the question is : Why am I still banned from HPC since you probably do know blobby well why you were banned well over a year ago (just a few months after you joined?)
[/pedantic]

Wrong.

One year ago I wrote to Hink to ask him to remove my HPC privileges . I asked for his help as I was posting too much there during the start of the pandemic and wanted to be blocked from the place to avoid posting there. He didn't.

I asked another mod who said it would be sad to do so as he enjoyed my posts there, but he agreed and asked me to let him know if I ever wanted to return. Just recently I asked that same mod if it would be too much trouble to restore my rights . He said it would not, so I started posting again.

Not so much pedantic Berty, more like plain wrong.

Also, Hink has disabled PMs sop I cannot write PRIVATELY.

Sorry to be pedantic, but you just admitted you do know blobby well why you were banned. So I was right. You literally asked for it :hihi:
revvy wrote:Also, Hink has disabled PMs sop I cannot write PRIVATELY.
Ehrm yes, that is truely a problem
Last edited by BertKoor on Fri May 28, 2021 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

BertKoor wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:10 am Sorry to be pedantic, but you just admitted you do know blobby well why you were banned.
You literally asked for it :hihi:
No, Berty, not banned, I asked to be removed and then I asked to be reinstated. Never mind, not your first language, I get it.

Calling names now? That might get you perma-banned.

Calling names? Sorry, I don't follow.

Oh, now I understand why HPC has disappeared :hihi:

revvy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:12 am Berty
No one calls me that. I take the belittling form as an insult.

excuse me please wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:16 am Oh, now I understand why HPC has disappeared :hihi:
:)

Maybe it's just disappeared. My bad, sorry for the drama folks.

revvy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:21 am
excuse me please wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:16 am Oh, now I understand why HPC has disappeared :hihi:

I'm not too bothered; at the sites I am familiar with such a section always comes down to politics, eventually. Always the same posters.

Taking the long shot here: It was because of something you wrote there!

excuse me please wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:27 am
revvy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:21 am

I'm not too bothered; at the sites I am familiar with such a section always comes down to politics, eventually. Always the same posters.
Fair enough.

I imagine there was a reason you were banned from there, something you posted there? This thread is literally just trying to find out why I was, in the absence of another way to find out.
chk071 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:31 am
Taking the long shot here: It was because of something you wrote there!
You wold normally think so, yes, but unless I posted something asleep last night that I don't remember, unfortunately it's not so simple....
Last edited by revvy on Fri May 28, 2021 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Site Stuff”