Poll: KVR Auto-link. Do you like it?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?

Do you like auto-link?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:58 pm

Yes. I click auto-linked items on the forum all the time. It's a major source of product information for me.
18%
No. Auto-link is an annoyance. It is crap and KVR is a worse place for it. Kill it.
68%
I have no idea what auto-link is, nor do I care.
13%

Total votes: 60

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like it. Comes in handy. On average, I will right click a link probably once every hour on KVR. Perhaps an enable/disable KVR Auto-link setting that can be saved in your KVR account would be a good idea.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

A personal setting for toggling this would be nice.

i kinda like it
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

As the third option says - I have absolutely no idea what it is. If i knew, I'd probably hate it, but I guess it must be so unintrusive purely by the fact of me not knowing what it is that maybe I wouldn't hate it. But as the thrid option also states - I really don't give a f**k either.

It would be nice if the links were more accurate. For example a mention of the Softube Model 84 only links the word Model and that is another product entirely.

It also matters how something is typed: Image-Line Image Line Invader2 Invader 2 The Legend the Legend and so on

Many times common words trigger links like Reverb which at times can be useful although it opens a page with plugins that aren't all reverbs

I find the links somewhat annoying to the eye but as mentioned earlier they're not going anywhere so just ignore them. :shrug:

EDIT: The Auto Links are now gone because the thread was moved to Site Stuff where they have never worked.
Last edited by Teksonik on Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I hate it and I have a script on my firefox that stops it.

Erisian wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:34 pm I hate it and I have a script on my firefox that stops it.
Care to share that script? Is it something accessed through about:config ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:41 pm
Erisian wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:34 pm I hate it and I have a script on my firefox that stops it.
Care to share that script? Is it something accessed through about:config ?
You need the Violent Monkey add-on installed, then when you click on it while KVR is open, you can click on "find scripts for this site" and choose KvR autolinks.

Ahh I see thanks. Think I'll just ignore the links instead.

EDIT: The auto links are now gone at least in this thread ?

Oh I get it the thread was moved to Site Stuff where auto links have never worked. :wink:

Thank you so much for this poll. Kill the autolink.

I've used it sometimes and in most cases I find it easy to ignore if it's not needed. I'm tempted to take advantage of it by making a VST instrument called "sounds nothing like the hardware".
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

^^ :lol:

Ploki wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:57 am on macos we have "command" + click and it works with Kvr's links
that's how i click all links anyway, i never click a link without CMD
I read KVR a lot on my iPad. It easily happens while scrolling to hit the link without intention…

pough wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:56 pm I've used it sometimes and in most cases I find it easy to ignore if it's not needed. I'm tempted to take advantage of it by making a VST instrument called "sounds nothing like the hardware".

:lol: You'll end up with Jeff Bezos level money if you do.

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:01 pm
Ploki wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:57 am on macos we have "command" + click and it works with Kvr's links
that's how i click all links anyway, i never click a link without CMD
I read KVR a lot on my iPad. It easily happens while scrolling to hit the link without intention…
they dont exist on my mobile :)

Return to “Site Stuff”