Annual Subscription for Iris Presets

Official support for: patchpool.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Here is a demo for a new patch from Subscription Set 5:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/c ... -iris-demo

I'm just uploading Set 5 including 6 patches to my server - will be sending out the link to all subscribers in a minute. This time the patchlist is complete with comments and playing tips.

Set 5:

Cosmic Flares - MW - 4 Macros
Each source playing a different segment/spectrum of the same sample - sample 3 in Radius RT mode only plays below C4 (C5 Iris language)
root note C3 (C4 in Iris language)
Macros 1-3 for FX, Macro 4 LP Cutoff
Modwheel Pitchmd S1+2

Evo Bells 01 - MW - 3 Macros
Processed Churchbells recorded on a walk through Munich
2 samples, Modwheel->Pitchmod
Macro 1 increases Resonance of the envelope-controlled HP Filter
Macro 2 adds squareshaped Filter modulation
Macro 3 adds Delay

Evo Bells 02 - MW - 6 Macros
Processed Churchbells recorded on a walk through Munich
1 sample split up into 2 segments (S1+2)
S1 runs in Radius RT mode
Macros 1+2 control the Aliasing FX (Amount+Tone)
Macro 3 controls Ampmod speed of S1
Macro 4 adds Delay
Macro 5 controls Delay times
Macro 6 controls volume of the Sub Oscillator, Modwheel tunes the Sub Oscillator up 2 octaves

Impro Snippets - MW - 4 Macros
2 snippets recorded during an Impro session
S1 is mapped up tp C5 (C6 in Iris language) - S2 runs in Radius RT mode
Macros 1+2 control Pitchmod amount and speed of S2
Macro 3 controls LP Cutoff, M4 controls LP Resonance - as the FX are set to Send mode (the sends are Pre-Filter), turning down the LP Cutoff will only make the FX audible.
Modwheel controls the Tone/Brightness of the Distortion.

Meta Clarinet - MW - 4 Macros
A processed Bassclarinet phrase recorded during an Improsession - 2 samples/derivatives used. Sample 1 runs in Radius RT mode.
Modwheel->FX Mix (Dist/Chorus/Delay)
Macro 1 - LP Cutoff
Macro 2 - Pitchmod S2
Macro 3 - Reverb Mix
Macro 4 - Pitchmod S1

Tinkle Scapes - MW - 2 Macros
3 samples
Macro 3 - Ampmodspeed S2
Macro 4 - Synced Ampmod amount Master
Modwheel - Pitchmod S1+S3

I raised the subsription price to 18 Euros now with 30 patches including almost 700MB of samples in the collection currently. I'll make dozens of new patches during the next months, the next rise will probably occur when we're at 45 patches or so.

Sampleconstruct wrote:I raised the subsription price to 18 Euros now with 30 patches including almost 700MB of samples in the collection currently. I'll make dozens of new patches during the next months, the next rise will probably occur when we're at 45 patches or so.
hi simon

I bought the subscription yesterday and I got a link for a zip file (24 patches/450 mb) and a link to this page http://www.patchpool.de/izotope_iris.html
how do I get access to the set 5 ?

for tremor i got a link and a usernamer + password

Mescalito wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:I raised the subsription price to 18 Euros now with 30 patches including almost 700MB of samples in the collection currently. I'll make dozens of new patches during the next months, the next rise will probably occur when we're at 45 patches or so.
hi simon

I bought the subscription yesterday and I got a link for a zip file (24 patches/450 mb) and a link to this page http://www.patchpool.de/izotope_iris.html

Let me check the mailing list, I just sent out the new links...

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Mescalito wrote:
hi simon

Let me check the mailing list, I just sent out the new links...
So I just checked and all people who subscribed yesterday are indeed on the mailing list, so please check your paypal Email adress-account and/or your spam-folder. You can also contact me via patchpool directly.

It was totally my fault, I forgot to attach the mailing list in Cc when sending the Set-5-Mail to myself, so I got the dl links but nobody else... :oops: :clap: :phew: :wheee:

Here is a new demo combining 4 patches from Set 5:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/m ... -iris-demo

Here is a demo for new subscription patch from Set 6, soon to be released - Ethereal Bell Scape:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ethereal-bell-mix

Really fascinating sounds you're creating with Iris (and your samples). I'm so glad you've been captivated by Iris (as have I) and your patchpool sets for Iris are an excellent way for one to learn more of its programming potential. I also really like what the macro feature offers. I highly recommend this subscription to anyone in need of some help to get started with their own programming for Iris, as well, of course, for the exquisite patches themselves!
Best wishes,
Borealis/Ben

Borealis wrote:Really fascinating sounds you're creating with Iris (and your samples). I'm so glad you've been captivated by Iris (as have I) and your patchpool sets for Iris are an excellent way for one to learn more of its programming potential. I also really like what the macro feature offers. I highly recommend this subscription to anyone in need of some help to get started with their own programming for Iris, as well, of course, for the exquisite patches themselves!
Best wishes,
Borealis/Ben
Thank's for the great feedback, Ben :hail:

Here is a sunday morning vocal scape with 2 new subscription patches from the upcoming set derived from the same vocal phrase I recorded some months ago during an Impro workshop:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/v ... -iris-demo

I just uploaded Set No. 6 including 6 new presets - I already sent the link to all subscribers.

Iris Subscription Set 6

Delay Beatz 110 BPM - MW
A drumloop I made with some of my Tremor sounds processed by Filterscape and other Plugs - set to Radius RT mode so the loop always pays at it's original speed of 110 BPM, pressing different keys only changes the pitch. Original pitch located at C3 (C4 in Iris language). Modwheel changes the Tone of the Distortion.

Ethereal Bell Scape - MW - 4 Macros
The original sample used in this patch was produced with some of my Alchemy samples (a multisampled dumbbell plate) and one of my Chromaphone patches. Processed with crusherX and a saturnized Convolution Reverb using a strange electric guitar snippet as Impulse Response.
S1 uses a rather narrow selection of spectral bands and dots, S2 plays the inverse frequency selection with it's amplitude controlled by the slow LFO so that S2 fades in and out.
Macros 1+2 for Reverb/Delay Mix
Macros 3+4 control the HP FIlter (Cutoff/Resonance)
Modwheel adds Pitchmod to S1+2

Nervous Metal - MW - 5 Macros
A gamelanish/metallic texture loop - S1 plays the whole sample forth and back, S2 loops only a short segment back and forth and fades in and out via LFO modulation.
Modwheel adds Chorus, Macros 1+2 control Pitchmod
Macros 3-5 control FX amount

Nice Bedroom split - MW - 5 Macros
Overlapping split point is C4 (C5 in Iris language)
Modhweel adds Chorus
Macros 1+2 control Delay and Reverb Mix
Macro 3 controls LP Cutoff, Macro 4 adds Pitchmod to the binaural glasses in S3, Macro 5 controls moulation speed
All 3 samples running in Non-Retrigger mode, meaning when playing legato/overlapping notes the samples will not retrigger but play continously.

Vocal Phrase Melo split - MW - 5 Macros
A vocal texture with some background piano, cello and other sounds recorded during an impro session mangled, (de)tuned and stretched with Melodyne, processed with a crusherX Cloud
S1+S2 each play a segment of that sample in Radius RT mode, split point is G3 (G4 in Iris language). The Sub Oscillator adds a shortly looped sinewave mapped over the entire range which you can bring in with Macro 5.
Modhweel adds Pitchmod to S1+2, control the Modspeed for each sample with Macros 3+4. Macros 1+2 control amount of Distortion and Reverb.

Vocal Meta Phrase - MW - 5 Macros
A vocal texture recorded during an impro session resynthed and filtered with Metasynth.
Sample 1 running in Non-Retrigger mode, meaning when playing legato/overlapping notes the samples will not retrigger but play continously.
The Lowpass FIlter is controlled by a LFO, control Filter resonance with Macro 1 and Modspeed with Macro 2.
Macros 3-5 control the various FX. Modwheel adds Pitchmod. Also try very low notes, grab a green tea or coffee while you're waiting :)

Enjoy the patches!

Simon

Finally had a chance to peruse some of your Iris subscription patches today Simon...STUNNINGLY beautiful!

Allowing for all the recent great soundscape-oriented synths and even your own work for some those others...the combination of Iris and your sound design is the heaven heaven wants to go to!

Excellent samples, sounds, and design for an excellent synth. I was already inspired to dig into Iris, though now I am just enjoying aurally staring into your patches in unmoving bliss between infinite quantum's of time (i.e I like ;-))
Chris R Gibson ( a.k.a. Loopy C )
https://soundcloud.com/loopy-c

Thank you, Chris, just got up, sitting here reading your feedback makes my morning coffee taste even better :)

Return to “patchpool”