Granular Guitars subfolder structure

Official support for: patchpool.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Simon

I'm converting Granular Guitars to aupresets now but wondering how you managed to create a subfolder structure in the vstpreset patches in Padshop's browser when the actual folders in Finder do not have this, they are just organised as 'acoustic guitars, 'acoustic scapes' etc but no other folders within those. I assumed the Padshop browser would simply reflect how they are organised on the harddrive but in this library that doesn't seem to be the case, you have additionally nested subfolders such as 'Musical fx' and 'Synth pad' that do not exist in Finder.

It's a mystery to me how you did this because Padshop itself provides no means to add folders/subfolders within its browser - I have always had to do this with my own patches by just creating new folders in Finder.

aMUSEd wrote:Hi Simon

I'm converting Granular Guitars to aupresets now but wondering how you managed to create a subfolder structure in the vstpreset patches in Padshop's browser when the actual folders in Finder do not have this, they are just organised as 'acoustic guitars, 'acoustic scapes' etc but no other folders within those. I assumed the Padshop browser would simply reflect how they are organised on the harddrive but in this library that doesn't seem to be the case, you have additionally nested subfolders such as 'Musical fx' and 'Synth pad' that do not exist in Finder.

It's a mystery to me how you did this because Padshop itself provides no means to add folders/subfolders within its browser - I have always had to do this with my own patches by just creating new folders in Finder.
I assume that was done by the Steinberg devs, as GG is a Steinberg release, they have more options I guess and they link the tagged categories to their respective subfolders. I'll check it myself tomorrow. I still use my original library in pre-export-to-Steinberg stage, so I will have to check the release version again.

I thought as much - tbh they didn't do a brilliant job, subfolders devoted to just one preset (in several cases) are not really that clever, nor is classifying harps, psaltery and oud under 'guitar'. The problem with them doing it using some method not available to the user just means I'm stuck with them unfortunately. The broader main folders make more sense, I just stuck with those in my conversion and didn't bother with the micro subfolders folders (I will use the aupresets in Logic anyway and not have to deal with the terrible Padshop browser).

aMUSEd wrote:I thought as much - tbh they didn't do a brilliant job, subfolders devoted to just one preset (in several cases) are not really that clever, nor is classifying harps, psaltery and oud under 'guitar'. The problem with them doing it using some method not available to the user just means I'm stuck with them unfortunately. The broader main folders make more sense, I just stuck with those in my conversion and didn't bother with the micro subfolders folders (I will use the aupresets in Logic anyway and not have to deal with the terrible Padshop browser).
Well, their entire tagging system throughout their products and instruments (it's all the same actually) is dated and needs an update. E.g. Musical FX as a category without drones and soundscapes as sub-cats makes no sense, and tagging things as "Other“ all the time doesn't help anybody.

Return to “patchpool”