Steinberg releases my library Colliding Worlds for Groove Agent 4 (+SE)

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Groove Agent

SJ_Digriz wrote:Dungeon Waltz is worth the price of admission
Featuring the local charity bin and a multi-sampled sub-kick derived from a huuuuuuge waste container played with my fist (ouch).

Thank's...

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Featuring the local charity bin and a multi-sampled sub-kick derived from a huuuuuuge waste container played with my fist (ouch).

Thank's...
I've been stuck on loading the factory and bowls into two slots and let the rhythms wash over the bowl tones as kind of a pad. Then dumping the audio into Cubase and loading into H5 granular synth. Loads of fun.

EDIT: I'm trying to use H5 granular to morph the mess into the full beat + pad running GA. By reducing the # of grains and increasing the time, I get closer to the sound of the running rhythm in GA. But I haven't quite got it to time out right yet.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:

Thank's...
I've been stuck on loading the factory and bowls into two slots and let the rhythms wash over the bowl tones as kind of a pad. Then dumping the audio into Cubase and loading into H5 granular synth. Loads of fun.
Woaaa, sounds like a plan :tu:

SJ_Digriz wrote:
EDIT: I'm trying to use H5 granular to morph the mess into the full beat + pad running GA. By reducing the # of grains and increasing the time, I get closer to the sound of the running rhythm in GA. But I haven't quite got it to time out right yet.
Try assigning a tempo-synced LFO (e.g. ramp up) to Grain Position (set speed to 0, position to 50% - bipolar LFO), choose small grain times and a sharp grain curve and only a bit of position-randomization to improve the timing.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
Try assigning a tempo-synced LFO (e.g. ramp up) to Grain Position (set speed to 0, position to 50% - bipolar LFO), choose small grain times and a sharp grain curve and only a bit of position-randomization to improve the timing.
ah LFO .. hadn't thought of that. Good one, will give it a go.

Sampleconstruct wrote:My set is for the Beat Agent, so no complexity knob which is only available in the acoustic agent I belive. Originally the Steinbergs wanted to build a dedicated GA version for this set, but it was too much hassle after all so I used what was there and it worked fine.

Give it another spin, it's really capable and fun to work with once you get over the barriers.
What an amazing work, definitely one of the best percussion library!

Is there any plan to release the library in other format Simon? Or is it going to be exclusive for Beat Agents. I wonder that it's going to be a great library for BreakTweaker. If it's ever happen, I'm definitely going to get it.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

crystalmsc wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:My set is for the Beat Agent, so no complexity knob which is only available in the acoustic agent I belive. Originally the Steinbergs wanted to build a dedicated GA version for this set, but it was too much hassle after all so I used what was there and it worked fine.

Give it another spin, it's really capable and fun to work with once you get over the barriers.
What an amazing work, definitely one of the best percussion library!

Is there any plan to release the library in other format Simon? Or is it going to be exclusive for Beat Agents. I wonder that it's going to be a great library for BreakTweaker. If it's ever happen, I'm definitely going to get it.
Thank you for the praise!
I can't release Colliding Worlds in any other format as this was/is an exclusive deal with Steinberg and only they sell this library. But I will definitely go on releasing also percussion focussed libraries, but more for instruments like MachFive/HALion 5/Alchemy 2 and maybe even my own Groove Agent stuff (currently there is no way to safely export 3rd party libs in GA though). On the list is e.g. a big library including also 3 octaves of chromatically sampled Thai Gongs, the biggest one (low C) being 1.80 in diameter.

Sampleconstruct wrote:I will definitely go on releasing also percussion focussed libraries
That sounds great, if possible I would love to see it as an Ableton pack as well. Specially since I didn't own any of the samplers that you mentioned. Will it work with the old VST version of Alchemy 2? But I still think that it's going to work best in Ableton format for my purpose. All the best with the new products!

crystalmsc wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:I will definitely go on releasing also percussion focussed libraries
That sounds great, if possible I would love to see it as an Ableton pack as well. Specially since I didn't own any of the samplers that you mentioned. Will it work with the old VST version of Alchemy 2? But I still think that it's going to work best in Ableton format for my purpose. All the best with the new products!
Old vst version of Alchemy 2? There is no such thing, Alchemy 2 is inside Logic X only, so...and I don't use Ableton, so that's not an option either really. But thank's for the good wishes.

And here is n image of the 200 liter barrel I bought and sampled for this library, this instrument is now a permanent resident in my studio :)

The GA Kit Barrel Drums featured in the demos below.

Barrel Drums - 62 Samples - 82.6 MB
200 liter oil barrel multi-sampled hits at different spots of the barrel, played with all kinds of sticks, mallets and other things, also hitting a cymbal lying on top of the barrel - some electronic derivatives and 2 synced loops are also available.

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... -container

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPxHu5JbTpg

Since the library can be used with Groove Agent SE. I'm thinking to get a Cubase Elements for my secondary DAW besides Live.

Will I be able to use the Groove Agent SE as a normal VST within Live?

I know that the Halion Sonic SE is a Cubase exclusive plug-in from the product page. But can't find any confirmation about the GA SE anywhere.

crystalmsc wrote:Since the library can be used with Groove Agent SE. I'm thinking to get a Cubase Elements for my secondary DAW besides Live.

Will I be able to use the Groove Agent SE as a normal VST within Live?

I know that the Halion Sonic SE is a Cubase exclusive plug-in from the product page. But can't find any confirmation about the GA SE anywhere.
I would assume that GASE is Cubase only, but maybe you should ask on the Steinberg forum.

Sampleconstruct wrote:the 200 liter barrel
Out of curiosity, how did you audition barrels?
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:
Reading the specs of this barrel was enough to know how it would sound, no need to audition it, so I just ordered one online and it was perfect, yet ugly but the color didn't get sampled.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Michael L wrote:
Reading the specs of this barrel was enough to know how it would sound, no need to audition it, so I just ordered one online and it was perfect, yet ugly but the color didn't get sampled.
The Orange ones have a warmer, more analogue sustain to them. But you can't quite get the snappy attack like you can on the green or blue ones. I thought everyone knew that.

Return to “patchpool”